[XFA] Forum Sales - XF2

[XFA] Forum Sales - XF2 [Paid] 3.0.1

No permission to buy (€15.00)
Hum, that's odd.
I would need to get access to your forum with resource creation right and ftp rights to test.

I am having problems with this add-on. All attempts to purchase a sale item go to PayPal, but on confirming payment returns to my site with the following error:

Oops! We ran into some problems.
There was an error processing your payment

No errors are shown in the server error log.

Hum, that's odd.
I would need to get access to your forum with resource creation right and ftp rights to test.

Did this get resolved? I'm running into this exact same thing right now.

On the latest version of core and of this plugin.

Not resolved to my knowledge. Unfortunately I'm not currently able to give out the requested admin rights and FTP access for our forum to the developer, so I don't use the add-on.

No we don't have this installed, just the Core and Forum Sales plugins

I was wondering if it related to the percentage on sales - we've got that activated for our the Marketplace, but the forum sales is currently setup to not require a split payment - free for my members to use. So that's out, which is good.

I've also posted a message over at @XFA forums so hopefully he's able to help further depending on when he sees these messages.

Without access it's quite complicated to debug.

Ok @apsmith21 will answer on our support forum and see with you how we can figure out the issue.

XFA updated [XFA] Forum Sales - XF2 with a new update entry:

New features

New features:
  • Your sales page on front-end
  • Your purchases page on front-end
  • New sales payment mode : Centralized (as opposed to individual)

Sales payment can be configured in two modes:
  • Individual: Users get paid directly either by PayPal or external means (eg. money, check, ..., if you authorize it as you wouldn't be able to get percentage on sales).
  • Centralized: You get paid by PayPal for every sale of users items and you then manually transfer the...

Read the rest of this update entry...

Is there an option to create a thread when a purchase is made? On my site we already have a feedback system setup, and it requires users to create a thread in a sale forum, and then the other party replies.

Interested to know if possible whether this thread creation could be automated with the thread starter being the seller and a reply coming from the buyer?

If not planned, is this something we could pay to implement?

In a short time frame we are not implementing new features to our add-ons due to the work we have on other xF1 to xF2 port.
Though we make an exception for paid implementations.

That surely something feasible. The other add-on is limiting answer to only the other party ? Not sure how this is handled.

That surely something feasible. The other add-on is limiting answer to only the other party ? Not sure how this is handled.

Nope - won't need any interaction with the other addon. Just need this one to create a new thread by the seller in a specific forum when a purchase is made, and a reply from the purchaser. I'll ping you directly.

Hi, I have the Activate Grid View checked on the forum I wish to use this on but cannot get the grid to display. Just normal threads. Enabled permissions for the admin user. Is there anything additional needed for this to display?

1. Is it possible to charge flat rate to post a thread in a specific forum instead of the percentage-based model?

2. If so, can this be differentiated by either sub-Forum, tag, prefix, or usergroup Permissions?

3. Can listing be set to automatically expire/close thread/disable payments?

4. Is it possible to allow additional listing enhancements, such as expiring stickies and other thread styling like bloding, highlighting? Maybe allow users a paid bump after the listing expired, but disable this by usergroup?

I imagine most of these aren’t possible, but I they are I’m in. Otherwise I’d like to suggest them to the feature wish list as s potential customer.

Hi, I have the Activate Grid View checked on the forum I wish to use this on but cannot get the grid to display. Just normal threads. Enabled permissions for the admin user. Is there anything additional needed for this to display?

Hum no. It may be some add-on interfering with it.
Are all template modifications related to my add-on shown as fully executed ?

1. Is it possible to charge flat rate to post a thread in a specific forum instead of the percentage-based model?

No, this is not something we have implemented yet.
We only have a percentage on sale with a maximum amount (or no limit).

2. If so, can this be differentiated by either sub-Forum, tag, prefix, or usergroup Permissions?

I guess your question was related to the flat rate thing.
Answer is no then.

Anyways, all our configuration are either general or forum/sub-forum based.

3. Can listing be set to automatically expire/close thread/disable payments?

There is indeed a configurable sale timeout.

4. Is it possible to allow additional listing enhancements, such as expiring stickies and other thread styling like bloding, highlighting? Maybe allow users a paid bump after the listing expired, but disable this by usergroup?

No there is no such thing. We are just adding a simple way to allow users to sell items in threads.

I imagine most of these aren’t possible, but I they are I’m in. Otherwise I’d like to suggest them to the feature wish list as s potential customer.

Feature requests can be individually posted on our forum.

BrianC said:
Hum no. It may be some add-on interfering with it.
Are all template modifications related to my add-on shown as fully executed ?

If I look at the templates and look for modified templates for the Forum Sales theme none are found?

Top Bottom