1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

[XFA] Default Editor Format [Paid] 1.1.0

Ever wanted to set default format options ? Your dream is now reality !

1. XFA

XFA Well-Known Member

XFA submitted a new resource:

[XFA] Default Editor Format - Ever wanted to set default format options ? Your dream is now reality !

Read more about this resource...
    Lindal_Oronar likes this.
  2. sadiq6210

sadiq6210 Active Member

Awesome idea
  3. sadiq6210

sadiq6210 Active Member

Installed but I am facing two issues

1- See the screenshot

2- I cannot see any extra button in the editor

4. Lindal_Oronar

Lindal_Oronar Well-Known Member

5. sadiq6210

sadiq6210 Active Member

Moreover, I am receiving server errors (more than 40 errors in less than 5 minutes)

Error Info
    ErrorException: Undefined index: xfa_dedf_params - library/XenForo/Visitor.php:678
    Generated By: Unknown Account, 1 minute ago
    Stack Trace
    #0 /home/user/public_html/forum/library/XenForo/Visitor.php(678): XenForo_Application::handlePhpError(8, 'Undefined index...', '/home/user/...', 678, Array)
    #1 /home/user/public_html/forum/library/XFA/DefaultEditorFormat/Template.php(18): XenForo_Visitor->offsetGet('xfa_dedf_params')
    #2 [internal function]: XFA_DefaultEditorFormat_Template::templateCreate('editor', Array, Object(XenForo_Template_Public))
    #3 /home/user/public_html/forum/library/XenForo/CodeEvent.php(58): call_user_func_array(Array, Array)
    #4 /home/user/public_html/forum/library/XenForo/Template/Abstract.php(82): XenForo_CodeEvent::fire('template_create', Array, 'editor')
    #5 /home/user/public_html/forum/library/XenForo/Dependencies/Public.php(239): XenForo_Template_Abstract->__construct('editor', Array)
    #6 /home/user/public_html/forum/library/XenForo/ViewRenderer/Abstract.php(263): XenForo_Dependencies_Public->createTemplateObject('editor', Array)
    #7 /home/user/public_html/forum/library/XenForo/View.php(116): XenForo_ViewRenderer_Abstract->createTemplateObject('editor', Array)
    #8 /home/user/public_html/forum/library/XenForo/ViewPublic/Helper/Editor.php(150): XenForo_View->createTemplateObject('editor', Array)
    #9 /home/user/public_html/forum/library/MobileRead/ProfileBbCode/ViewPublic/Member/View.php(21): XenForo_ViewPublic_Helper_Editor::getEditorTemplate(Object(MobileRead_ProfileBbCode_ViewPublic_Member_View), 'message', '', Array)
    #10 /home/user/public_html/forum/library/XenForo/ViewRenderer/Abstract.php(227): MobileRead_ProfileBbCode_ViewPublic_Member_View->renderHtml()
    #11 /home/user/public_html/forum/library/XenForo/ViewRenderer/HtmlPublic.php(71): XenForo_ViewRenderer_Abstract->renderViewObject('XenForo_ViewPub...', 'Html', Array, 'member_view')
    #12 /home/user/public_html/forum/library/XenForo/FrontController.php(605): XenForo_ViewRenderer_HtmlPublic->renderView('XenForo_ViewPub...', Array, 'member_view', NULL)
    #13 /home/user/public_html/forum/library/XenForo/FrontController.php(158): XenForo_FrontController->renderView(Object(XenForo_ControllerResponse_View), Object(XenForo_ViewRenderer_HtmlPublic), Array)
    #14 /home/user/public_html/forum/index.php(13): XenForo_FrontController->run()
    #15 {main}
    Request State
    array(3) {
      ["url"] => string(42) "http://www.mydomain.com/forum/members/13424/"
      ["_GET"] => array(0) {
      ["_POST"] => array(0) {
    Last edited: Dec 8, 2015
  6. XFA

XFA Well-Known Member

7. Blast

Blast Active Member

This is a very nice feature. Very helpful for those people who manually edit their post to have the look they want.
    Lindal_Oronar and XFA like this.
  8. sadiq6210

sadiq6210 Active Member

Thanks for update

I have few points:
    - This button should clear all the format, but it is clearing only the (Bold / Underline / Italic), it is not clearing (color / font type) to the default format.

- I prefer if the button is showing in active mode if the user format is applied.

- I suggest to add an option here to choose the default format from usercp, if I want to clear my specific format and I don't know what is the default format to choose.

maxicep likes this.
  9. maxicep

maxicep Active Member

Yes, need some development more. I'm waiting more feature for buy this.
  10. Lindal_Oronar

Lindal_Oronar Well-Known Member

After the update did you see the extra button?
  11. sadiq6210

sadiq6210 Active Member

12. sadiq6210

sadiq6210 Active Member

I am still receiving hundreds of this server error
    I disabled the addon
  13. MtoR

MtoR Well-Known Member

Let's try something. In the library/XFA/DefaultEditorFormat/Template.php file, replace:
                $params['xfa_dedf_conf']    = unserialize($visitor['xfa_dedf_params']);
                if (isset($visitor['xfa_dedf_params']))
    $params['xfa_dedf_conf'] = unserialize($visitor['xfa_dedf_params']);
    $params['xfa_dedf_conf'] = array();
  14. MtoR

MtoR Well-Known Member

Which features would you like to see ?
  15. MtoR

MtoR Well-Known Member

Ah you mean if the user had selected it before ?
    Issue is that there is no reset possible for font and colors if the user had selected no font.

Not possible as you could apply to just a part of a text.

You mean being able to select the format directly from the post creation or thread creation ?
  16. sadiq6210

sadiq6210 Active Member

I mean if I select (red) as a default color for my posts
    Then when I click on (clear format button) in editor, the "red" color will not reset to the default forum color

Yes I got your point
    But (Bold) feature could be applied to just a part of the text and we can see if it is active or not
    Just try to play with (Bold) button to know what I mean
    It will be great if you can make it like the (Bold) button.

For example I select (Arial) as my font from usercp
    Then I want to clear that format and return back to the default forum font type, how can I do that?
    Maybe you can add an option in usercp to reset the format to forum default format

It seems OK
    I enabled it from 5 minutes and I didn't receive any error until now
    Last edited: Dec 11, 2015
  17. MtoR

MtoR Well-Known Member

I think this is like that by default, the reset button only removes the formatting from the currently written text no ?

Bold is core of the editor javascript.
    For additions it's not possible.

Same as the first answer of that message.

Ok should be releasing a fixed version with that then.
  18. sadiq6210

sadiq6210 Active Member

About the original forum formatting options, I have 2 solutions for this:

Solution 1:
    By adding an option to choose if you want to use the default forum formatting options or you want to specify your options.

Solution 2:
    OR / Adding option in the list itself to choose the default font / size and color. for example:

Because my users are annoying from one thing, they cannot back to the "forum default editor formatting options"
    For example I don't like the font that I specified and I want to back to the original forum font, there is no way to clear my options

I wish if you can apply one of the two solutions we suggested.
  19. Nudaii

Nudaii Well-Known Member

howdy i purchased this today, but notice that it doesnt automatically apply to the editor box even on default theme? is this a known error?
  20. MtoR

MtoR Well-Known Member

Ah ok you meant revert back your configuration to forum default ! Gotcha :)

Can you please post that suggestion in the suggestion forum on our website please ?

It should, was this on a post edit ? or new post ?

Will be away until the 30 so don't except further answer until then.