• This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn more.
[XFA] Background Chooser

[XFA] Background Chooser [Paid] 3.1.0

No permission to buy (€7.00)

XFA

MtoR

At the moment, it only allows input of up to 10 images by the admin in options.
New features requests can be done through our dedicated subforum on our website.

Clément

Nice add-on!

Our community is very diverse and it would be better if they could choose their own backgrounds. Would it be a possibility in the future in the development of this add-on to enable a feature where the user themselves can enter an image url and have that as their forum background? As opposed to having to choose between a few different default pics, that is.

Davyc

Sadly this add-on doesn't work with Audentio's Corp theme. No backgrounds are shown on any page and it completely wipes out the forums leaving a blank page where categories and nodes appear.

Hopefully this can be fixed as it's potential is really good.

:unsure:

MtoR

This is strange as we had added some fixes to cope with the Audentio's Corp theme.

Could you send me a test account to your forum with the add-on active please ?

Davyc

@MtoR Hi thanks for responding - I'll set up a test account for you later and PM you the details. I'll have to reinstall the add-on and set it up so it may be later tonight before I can do all of this.

Thanks again and I hope you can see what's going wrong as I do like the whole idea behind this add-on.

MtoR

Hi,

Once again... this is a problem with highly framework styles... They modify the templates compared to default style and the template modifications stop work.

To get it working, you have to create a template modification (didn't do it, debug mode needs to be activated), relative to the navigation template, make modification key whatever you want.

Then, in find add:
Code:
<xen:hook name="uix_navigation_right_start" />
In replace add:
Code:
$0
<xen:if is="{$visitor.permissions.general.xfa_canChooseBackground} AND {$xenOptions.xfa_bgchooser_active}">
<ul class="visitorTabs">
<li class="navTab PopupClosed">
<link href="styles/xfa/backgroundchooser/css/xfa_bgchooser.css" rel="stylesheet" />
<a href="{xen:link 'misc/background-chooser'}" class="navLink OverlayTrigger" style="font-size: 1.2em;"><i class="xfa-bgchooser-icon-picture"></i></a>
</li>
</ul>
</xen:if>
This should have it working.

Clément

Davyc

Thanks for taking a look Clément, it's appreciated. I'll put this on the back burner for now as I have just had an influx of work (it does happen sometimes lol) and will get back to this and let you know how it worked out.

gldtn

Hi,

Once again... this is a problem with highly framework styles... They modify the templates compared to default style and the template modifications stop work.

To get it working, you have to create a template modification (didn't do it, debug mode needs to be activated), relative to the navigation template, make modification key whatever you want.

Then, in find add:
Code:
<xen:hook name="uix_navigation_right_start" />
In replace add:
Code:
$0
<xen:if is="{$visitor.permissions.general.xfa_canChooseBackground} AND {$xenOptions.xfa_bgchooser_active}">
<ul class="visitorTabs">
<li class="navTab PopupClosed">
<link href="styles/xfa/backgroundchooser/css/xfa_bgchooser.css" rel="stylesheet" />
<a href="{xen:link 'misc/background-chooser'}" class="navLink OverlayTrigger" style="font-size: 1.2em;"><i class="xfa-bgchooser-icon-picture"></i></a>
</li>
</ul>
</xen:if>
This should have it working.

Clément
This made the background chooser appear, but it does not change background and it makes the forum listing disappear on UI.X