• This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn more.

XF 1.2 xf_user_authenticate too high

Hello.
On my forum only 1,448 registered users. Why in the table xf_user_authenticate 39000 lines. How do I clean it?

P.S. Once spammers have sent me 26,000 applications for registration. I found and removed them from the table xf_users.

Mike

XenForo developer
Staff member
P.S. Once spammers have sent me 26,000 applications for registration. I found and removed them from the table xf_users.
You answered your own question there. You manually manipulated the database which is a really bad idea...

You will need to remove records from a number of additional tables by hand. Alternatively (and preferably), restore to a backup before you removed the data and remove the users via the control panel.

I just wonder why in this table are extra lines?

I cleared 26,000 lines - it's spammers. I have 1,448. 11552 remains, who are these people?

Jeremy

You said it in your first post:

You removed data from xf_user manually from the table. This leaves other records in tact, such as xf_user_authenticate. As Mike said, you'll either need to restore from a backup and use the proper XenForo tools (that'll remove all necessary data) or go through several tables and remove the necessary information as well.

I think you do not understand me, because I use the Google translator. I had 11552 extra lines in the table xf_user_authenticate even before I cleared the table xf_users.

Imagine, I did not clean the table at all. I have 26,000 applications for registration confirmation. 1448 users. and 11552 extra lines in the table xf_user_authenticate.

What do you say now?

I think these lines are created if enabled confirmation of registration. And it is not removed then. I think this is a bug.

Last edited:

Mike

XenForo developer
Staff member
Users deleted through XenForo will have their records removed from this table and many others. If you have extra records in this table, you would need to remove them manually.