xf_session & xf_conversation_message table size

Codeless

Hello last day i downloaded my database back it was approve 1.5GB only Mysql database . then i tried to find out why its so heavy i found there is only 2 tables using much disk space . 1 xf_session its about 1.1 GiB and xf_conversation_message is about 369.4 MiB i think if i empty both tables . it will not effect my forum only users will logout and also users private messages deleted . as i remember i enable auto welcome message on registration that is why this table have huge disk . but no one is able to do private discussion so there is no users private messages only messages forum sent automatically

if there is any other effects please let me know and should i do it or not

Inactive entries in xf_session should be dropped automatically, so any entries in that are either currently active or have recently been active. The table size would quickly grow back to the current size. Unless you had a couple of hundred thousand users active on your board, that size seems very untypical to me though, and is likely the result of something (maybe an add-on) adding bloat to the session.

Emptying xf_conversation_message is generally not a good idea. The table is tied into multiple other tables, such as xf_conversation_user and xf_conversation_master, to just name a few examples.

Hello last day i downloaded my database back it was approve 1.5GB only Mysql database . then i tried to find out why its so heavy i found there is only 2 tables using much disk space . 1 xf_session its about 1.1 GiB and xf_conversation_message is about 369.4 MiB i think if i empty both tables . it will not effect my forum only users will logout and also users private messages deleted . as i remember i enable auto welcome message on registration that is why this table have huge disk . but no one is able to do private discussion so there is no users private messages only messages forum sent automatically

if there is any other effects please let me know and should i do it or not

HI Codeless, my conversation tools add-on will help immensely on removing conversations. You can decide to prune conversations by last reply date, or no replies. Just a warning, it does have the potential to delete all conversations, depending on the settings you choose.

Regarding the xf_session table, you can truncate it using phpMyAdmin at any time.

Top Bottom