Fixed reply_count in xf_conversation_master routinely gets out of sync

Vekseid

Affected version
I have a forum with an extremely active PM scene. My forum gets around seven thousand conversation messages per day.

Rather frequently, members are complaining about not being able to see the last message someone sent until they send something. Or the other person sends something again. This is quite annoying. Even more annoying is the fact that rebuilding the 'cache' won't actually fix this. I have to edit the database manually.

My suggested fix would be to either set the reply_count to be based on the total number of messages, or to provide a means by which the administrator or members can fix their conversations.

Thank you for reporting this issue. The issue is now resolved and we are aiming to include that in a future XF release (2.0.12).

Change log:
Attempt to reduce cases where conversation reply_count values could potentially get out of sync. Allow the reply count and other parts to be rebuilt via the conversation rebuild tool.
Any changes made as a result of this issue being resolved may not be rolled out here until later.

This is still happening with extreme frequency in 2.0.12. I got three reports in a ~24 hour span.

The rebuild tool is also a pretty blunt way to fix this problem with the sheer volume of conversations we have.

Top Bottom