xf_session table crashing continously

Rodrigo Farcas

Hey there!

We did a new server architecture, with 2 web nodes and 1 mysql on the back.

Since this, we are experiencing crashes on the xf_session table, once about 2 days.

Code:
Mysqli statement execute error : Incorrect key file for table './carretes_xf/xf_session.MYI'; try to repair it
Hace 1 minuto - library/Zend/Db/Statement/Mysqli.php:214

Any clue? Thank you!

Are you having any uptime or crashing problems with the physical server or with the MySQL service? That can cause recurring corruption like this. A simple table repair should fix it.

From a Google search, possible reasons for corruption include:

1- The mysqld process being killed in the middle of a write.
2- Unexpected shutdown of the computer (for example, if the computer is
turned off).
3- A hardware error such as faulty memory/cpu/motherboard and or hard drive.
4- You are using an external program (like myisamchk) on a live table.
5- A software bug in the MySQL or MyISAM code

I would add to this that you need to make sure your system tmp and mysql tmp directories have enough free space. If those fill up it is bad. But you would normally get an error indicating that as the problem.

From a Google search, possible reasons for corruption include:

I would add to this that you need to make sure your system tmp and mysql tmp directories have enough free space. If those fill up it is bad. But you would normally get an error indicating that as the problem.

Hi Jake.

Server guys says there is no drive space or memory issue there.
Is there anything I can do to gather more information on the problem?

Thank you!

That's a temporary table that MySQL is making for a query. If you're not running 1.1.1, upgrade to that as it should improve that query.

However, regardless, the fact that MySQL appears to be corrupting a table it's making is a bad thing. It sounds like a MySQL bug to me.

Was a mod security related error. The host fixed it. Thank you for your help.

It might be a mod_security error. Those are tough to troubleshoot.

Top Bottom