XF 2.0 xf_post.ibd size

CZ Eddie

Trying to do some cleanup on the server I manage and I found two instances of xf_post.ibd. Both are between 1.5GB-2GB in size.
One is in a "Xenforo" folder, the other is in a "Xenforo 2" folder.
Can I get rid of one of them?
Or both?

Never delete files from your file system directly without understanding how or why they got there.

IBD files are crucial to the InnoDB storage engine on MySQL. If you delete the IBD file that belongs to your current XF database you will have deleted your entire xf_post table. Or more accurately a file that the xf_post table requires and without it you will experience fatal errors in that database and you will lose that data.

If there are multiple files relating to the same tables then it indicates you have multiple databases in MySQL.

You need to figure out why you have multiple databases, ascertain whether which ones are being used and if the database isn’t being used you should be able to safely delete the database itself via MySQL’s own tools or your hosting panel - this should clear up any IBD and other files.

We’re unable to tell you which database you can or can’t delete so my strong recommendation is you work with your host or find a technical person to ascertain this, or just leave things as they are.

Certainly take a backup before anything is done.

Top Bottom