Cannot reproduce XF2 Facebook: Please enter a value for the required field 'provider_key'.

AndrewSimm

Affected version
I setup a connected account with Facebook, and the test in the admin panel passes.

When I go to associate an account I get this error:

Please enter a value for the required field 'provider_key'.
Screen Shot 2018-02-11 at 12.15.57 AM.webp

I don't believe this is a bug, per se, although we could do with giving a different error, I guess.

It indicates that the expected response (which includes the provider key) isn't being sent back by Facebook. I'll test this on your site to see if I can see anything obviously wrong.

Can reproduce this on your site, but no others that I have tested.

I'd recommend disabling all add-ons and testing with the default XF style in the first instance.

In your FB App, in Settings, Advanced, make sure "Require App Secret " is set to No.
(had the same problem, this fixed it. Though I want to Require App Secret, for now, you can use this method to fix it until you be able to Require the app secret without problem)

Attachments

• 111.webp
    111.webp
    30.2 KB · Views: 27
Not entirely similar but mine started giving me this for Google + connected accounts (worked before) and it passes tests in ACP.

• Please enter a value for the required field 'service'.
  • Please enter a value for the required field 'token'

What's even funkier is that XF 2 does register the account albeit with the screen still stuck on register.

Not entirely similar but mine started giving me this for Google + connected accounts (worked before) and it passes tests in ACP.

• Please enter a value for the required field 'service'.
  • Please enter a value for the required field 'token'

What's even funkier is that XF 2 does register the account albeit with the screen still stuck on register.

I’d like to blame Europe for everything! I don’t think my websites Facebook login works anymore but I can attach it to my account!

In your FB App, in Settings, Advanced, make sure "Require App Secret " is set to No.
(had the same problem, this fixed it. Though I want to Require App Secret, for now, you can use this method to fix it until you be able to Require the app secret without problem)
Thanks, that solved it for me! :)

Thanks, this one solved it for me too :)

Top Bottom