Resource icon

XF2 Docker Container 1.0.0

No permission to download

Jake B.

Jake B. submitted a new resource:

XF2 Docker Container - A docker container for XF2 development

A docker container intended for development within XenForo.

Install:
1. Copy docker-compose.yml and the docker into your xenforo root directory
2. Edit your config.php to change the database details to the ones in the FAQ page
3. Run docker-compose up
4. Open your browser to localhost:8585 and run the XenForo install script (if you don't have an existing config.php file just enter the details from the FAQ page into the...

Read more about this resource...

Is this essentially a docker jail for a XenForo installation? I.e. so you don't have to use a full VM/server/installation of XenForo to do development/run a development forum?

Kind of like a chroot jail or whatever?

Or are there any development-specific/extra things you've added into here (besides nginx/php-fpm etc) other than just having a copy of XenForo walled off from the rest of the hosting account?

If that makes any sense, I'm 1/2 asleep right now, :lol:.

Thanks!

I get this error after executing docker-compose up
Code:
E: Package 'mysql-client' has no installation candidate
ERROR: Service 'xf2-php-fpm' failed to build: The command '/bin/sh -c apt-get update && apt-get install -y libmcrypt-dev libfreetype6-dev libjpeg62-turbo-dev libpng-dev     mysql-client libmagickwand-dev --no-install-recommends     && pecl install imagick     && docker-php-ext-configure gd --with-freetype-dir=/usr/include/ --with-jpeg-dir=/usr/include/     && docker-php-ext-install pdo_mysql mysqli gd     && docker-php-ext-enable imagick' returned a non-zero code: 100

Top Bottom