XF2.3 feedback and comments

Yeah probably related to the older iOS version. I think we’re aiming to support iOS 12+ so we’ll take a look.

I think the style chooser could be clearer. Currently it is just a symbol next to the Cookie consent link. I think it would be better if it had the text Style or Style variation/chooser or something.

If it is necessary to have word cookies to explain what the link is, then it is also necessary for the styles. They are not obvious from the icon alone, e.g. the cookie icon looks like it could be a pizza so it needs the text. The style for light (a sun icon) could be interpreted as a cogwheel icon. And the system icon doesn't suggest anything in particular .

Hence I'm hoping we could (optionally) have a text there to explain, as with all the other links down there.
That is a very common icon for dark mode.

Reckon it's good that it's being rolled out now on here so that we can pick up on any faults.
Just cracking up at all the complaints. Oh boy... Hope it's not stressing all of you xf Developers out there.

Menus don't click on mobile PWA.

For example:

Resources> categories < not clickable
Media> Navigations < not clickable

SCR-20231203-khsm.webp

In the latest Safari on macOS Sonoma. In Firefox it's fine.

When selecting text, isn't the colour of the selection too dark? Unless it is a deliberate change.

XF 2.3:
SCR-20231203-kizu.webp

XF 2.2:
SCR-20231203-kixh.webp

@Paul B Above post with feedback on link colour

But also it seems the WebP conversation is affecting the saturation of images? That first screenshot looked more washed out when uploaded as an attachment, I had to upload to Imgur and embed it for it to look right. Not sure if that's just a side effect of WebP or if the conversion is too aggressive.
There are issues I think with webp that are exported. Could it be related to this:

(posting link as I didn't really understand the stuff bout wide gamut)

I think the style chooser could be clearer. Currently it is just a symbol next to the Cookie consent link. I think it would be better if it had the text Style or Style variation/chooser or something.

If it is necessary to have word cookies to explain what the link is, then it is also necessary for the styles. They are not obvious from the icon alone, e.g. the cookie icon looks like it could be a pizza so it needs the text. The style for light (a sun icon) could be interpreted as a cogwheel icon. And the system icon doesn't suggest anything in particular .

Hence I'm hoping we could (optionally) have a text there to explain, as with all the other links down there.

Having said all that, I think as the style dark or light is down to the preference of the user, then I would want it to be (guess where?) yes.. preferences. Very few people will find it tucked away down there.

Missed having to tag @Paul B for feedback (Note several likes for both posts)

SCR-20231203-mkqc.webp

Checkboxes in Safari don't have the same border width. At least it looks like it.

The date placeholder in Safari has strong dots.

SCR-20231203-mktm.webp

In Firefox it looks different and the whole placeholder is stronger:

SCR-20231203-mkuy.webp

I guess it's a browser thing.

SCR-20231203-khsm.webp

In the latest Safari on macOS Sonoma. In Firefox it's fine.
no issues on Chrome, probably another Apples feature

Top Bottom