XF2.3 feedback and comments

Is xenForo even changing the default browser behaviour?
Pretty sure that they are leaning more towards "honoring" default browser behavior.
But that still does not mean that the browser choice is the best one. 😉
I think leaving it to the users device is a sensible choice and if the end user wants to make a change, they can.
Same can be said about styling a site ... don't hard code any colors, leave it to the browser to do that for you (yes, taking it to an extreme).
The point is, XF has the ability to hard code it to a color that is palatable across all devices. Why not do it?
And I get back to that point that not everyone is allowed to install whatever they want on the computer that they use to access sites.

I'd be leaving it alone until version 2.3 is released.
But for your own site now play around with some colour schemes you can tolerate.

Pretty sure that they are leaning more towards "honoring" default browser behavior.
But that still does not mean that the browser choice is the best one. 😉

Same can be said about styling a site ... don't hard code any colors, leave it to the browser to do that for you (yes, taking it to an extreme).
The point is, XF has the ability to hard code it to a color that is palatable across all devices. Why not do it?
And I get back to that point that not everyone is allowed to install whatever they want on the computer that they use to access sites.
No, it doesn’t mean browser choice is the best, but it does mean those who use accessibility tools as part of their browsing experience get the best possible result.

I understand that it doesn’t help everybody here but I was more leaning towards customising your own site how you like it and kinda living with what is on offer at xenForo.com. Or if you can and feel the need to, use a browser extension or accessibility tool to change it.

XF
OK I can do that on my own site but how can I do it for posting on this site?

There is no bickering, just normal discussion about feedback.

How can I modify what I see here easily?

You just drop the code I added into the editor, and it'll overwrite whatever option is used here.

XF does have declarations for selection, but they are still the same as the default for most browsers.

Give these a read
You're the one that chooses to flame me all the time mate. I can put you on my ignore list but you'll still laugh react at everything which causes the abuse to happen.
You're not helping.
My responses haven't flamed you once, in fact I think they've been perfectly reasonable. So your attempts to claim abuse or trolling or flaming are vastly disproportionate to the responses being offered.

Have had an issue several times where I've made or edited a post and it hasn't submitted the entire thing. I think I've tracked it down to only submitting what was last saved as a draft. If I submit the post with Cmd + Enter it's sometimes cutting off like half a sentence as if it saved a draft while I was typing and has used that as the post body, not what was actually submitted, and sometimes just ignores edits made entirely. It's happened enough times that there has to be something that's changed here.

Reactions: Xon
Copy & paste from the rich text editor to bb-code only mode has a tendency to spew out escaped html, which is quite annoying.

What? Nothing bad or negative to say ? What in the world....
Simple fact is that it's simply an alpha... and not even anywhere near a BETA status for what most licensed users need/require. Just because the developers choose to "grant" certain features.. it doesn't equate to what the actual license holders need/want.
And that is the major issue with XF developers.. they apparently choose to ignore what benefits the actual license holders and pay preference to THEIR (as developers and screw the end license holders) desires.

Last edited:
Simple fact is that it's simply an alpha... and not even anywhere near a BETA status for what most licensed users need/require. Just because the developers choose to "grant" certain features.. it doesn't equate to what the actual license holders need/want.
And that is the major issue with XF developers.. they apparently choose to ignore what benefits the actual license holders and pay preference to THEIR (as developers and screw the end license holders) desires.

It's a tough call, but I would say that it is their responsibility, as developers, to decide what to include, and what to not include.
So far, they fare better than the available alternatives (at least that's my opinion, based on my experience with various different forum software).
That's why I chose XenForo in the first place.

It may not be ideal, especially not for everyone, but it is pretty good.

Relja

Joe Hanson Food GIF by PBS Digital Studios

Sometimes this happens when on mobile (Chrome / Android):

Screenshot_20240123-140710_Chrome.webp

I think scrolling down fixes it but if I scroll back up, it happens again. But refreshing the page fixes it.

Getting some horrible comments on the facebook page of xenforo.
Trying to re-assure people that 2.3 is on it's way gets some impatient responses

Top Bottom