XF - Wishlist Member - Wordpress Bridge

Divinum Fiat

I just responded to a thread over here about bridging XF with Wishlist Member and Wordpress.

I use Wishlist Member, a premium plugin, which is the bread and butter of my digital courses. And I use XF for specific membership levels to provide online support for the products they buy. So they buy through Wishlist and they get support through XF. But this means 2 accounts, 2 logins, etc. Very annoying and confusing for my clients.

Ideally people will create an account either in Wishlist after purchasing a course and then have automatic access to that same membership level in XF, or they create an account in XF (if they first land there) and then have access to commenting on posts in Wordpress.

If anyone is wishing for the same bridge - please tag along and let me know how you can help. If there is any developer out there able to create this add-0n for us, please comment or send me a PM.

I believe I had communicated with him a while, he offered to do a test on my theme and with Wishlist but never followed through. I can't do business with someone who doesn't follow through BEFORE the sale is made, customer service will not work afterwards either. :-) I need something solid, no beta testing, can't cause technical challenges for my students.

Okay, I contacted Wishlist and asked them to consider putting Xenforo on their to-do list for integration. They have done so. It would help, however, if others could write to them too and submit a similar request. They are incredibly awesome in releasing new versions with yet another integration. For example, they intergrated with iDevAffiliate, which is my affiliate software program. They just integrated with EasyWebinar, which is the webinar platform I use to run online webinars (on autopilot). One of the reasons I use Wishlist Member, is because it's not only the most widely used membership plugin for Wordpress, but because they are diligent about making themselves compatible with other plugins. If Xenforo could be integrateable with Wishlist - I would be in Online Heaven (okay, that's a bit over the top...). :X3:

Steven, I submitted a feature request to Wishlist and they said they would keep it in mind. The more people speak up about it, the more they will be inclined to work on this. May I recommend that you submit a support ticket for this feature request? WL has been really awesome in working on other plugins that were conflicting, but they worked it out and went beyond the call of duty. It's my favorite plugin by far. :-)

Top Bottom