• This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn more.

Duplicate XF Version Prefixes for RM

xIsabel38

I'm not sure if this would be small or big, but I think it's small so I'm putting it here. If it's not I do apologize.

Now that XenForo is on it's way to a new 1.2 version I was thinking to make searching resources easier that you should create Prefixes that developers can use to Prefix their Add-ons with which version of XenForo their respective Add-on is meant for. Much like Thread Prefixes.

Only stable versions of XenForo of course should be prefixed.

1.1.5 / 1.2 (When it goes gold) / 1.futureversion / etc...

Additionally, allowing users to search the RM for Add-ons that pertain to their version would be helpful.

Jeremy

There is already a suggestion for prefixes for the Resource manager and Mike has stated that when the Resource Manager supports custom fields this would be supported.

erich37

I'm not sure if this would be small or big, but I think it's small so I'm putting it here. If it's not I do apologize.

Now that XenForo is on it's way to a new 1.2 version I was thinking to make searching resources easier that you should create Prefixes that developers can use to Prefix their Add-ons with which version of XenForo their respective Add-on is meant for. Much like Thread Prefixes.

Only stable versions of XenForo of course should be prefixed.

1.1.5 / 1.2 (When it goes gold) / 1.futureversion / etc...

Additionally, allowing users to search the RM for Add-ons that pertain to their version would be helpful.
http://xenforo.com/community/threads/prefixes-for-resources.26997/

:)