XF suddenly stopped working... Fatal error: Exception thrown without a stack frame

RobParker

My test install of XF was working absolutely fine earlier today and no changes have been made to it but it's now broken.

I'm now getting either a blank screen or this error on every page: Fatal error: Exception thrown without a stack frame in Unknown on line 0

It is open for posting by my mods so new posts would be the only difference. No one else has access to any settings/files.

It was on every page including the ACP.

Strangely it's just come back on it's own after refreshing for 10 minutes and nothing seems out of place. No entries in the error logs, etc.

I'd have thought it was some kind of server hiccup but none of my other sites on the server were affected.

1. library/XenForo/Template/Compiler/Tag/Avatar.php File does not contain expected contents.

2. library/XenForo/Template/Compiler/Tag/Username.php File does not contain expected contents.

3. library/XenForo/Template/Compiler/Tag/Admin/Abstract.php File does not contain expected contents.

4. library/XenForo/Template/Helper/Admin.php File does not contain expected contents.

5. library/XenForo/Model/Permission.php File does not contain expected contents.

Replaced them all and the Template ones are all fixed. Permission.php is still showing but that's been there since I upgraded to 1.0.4 and deleting it and reuploading doesn't make any difference.

Assuming you're on 1.0.4, can you try this file?

Can you also upload yours so I can check it against my local install?

[File removed]

Well that works fine for me, so it may be a problem with the hash.

Just trying to find out where they're stored so we can check.

Edit: Can you upload your \library\XenForo\Install\Data\FileSums.php file?

If it makes any difference I'm downloading/unzipping these on a mac and uploading via Transmit. None of the other files show any problems so I doubt it's that.

Also I think this is all probably unrelated to my initial problem but would be nice to get to the bottom of :-)

I was just about to ask which FTP application you use.
A few people have had problems with Transmit.

Are you able to to try a different application, just to rule it out?

sounds like your uploading broken files..

I don't see how that's possible, if it was broken when I uploaded it, how did it fix itself when I downloaded it for Brogan? The copy I posted here was downloaded off my server, not just copied from the zip file so it's undergone uploading/downloading.

I think the Transmit issue is more than it follows the mac approach of not merging folders by default rather than anything being corrupted.

I'll try Filezilla/Cyberduck but I don't think the transfer is the issue.

Out of interest, what are the results of the file health check on your live site?

Presumably you're using the same .zip package for both?

Top Bottom