You may be suffering from Alerts Deficiency Syndrome (ADS).
Definition: A condition whereby a forum member remains constantly logged-in and spends most of their time on the forums in a desparate bid to get their red 'alerts' icon to show up. The member will post content on a wide range of issues at an almost manic pace from sensible, considered responses to technical issues, to out and out spurious rubbish; all in an effort to gain more alerts.
Symptoms include (but are not limited to):
- Logging-in 10 times per day to see if the little red marker has appeared at the top right of your screen
- Starting spurious threads about people's names just to get attention (and likes)
- Creating 'fake' syndromes to get more likes
- Regularly referring to the trophies list to see if you can get your next one anytime soon?
- Desparate and/or flagrant attempts at ingratiating yourself with "known" members of the community in order to improve standing/status and ultimately to get more likes
Support and advice: http://www.xenforo.com/community/ ...