XF 1.2 XF Quick Search - how to change default settings

BassMan

Hello!

My users are confused when using the quick search in specific forum. For example, if I'm located on forum A -> test and want to use the quick search, it will show like this:
search.webp
By default Search this forum only will be checked. Now that is something that is confusing for my members. They are used to use the quick search for searching the whole board anywhere.

Is there any way to uncheck all by default even if user is not on main forum page?

Edit the search_bar_forum_only template.

Remove the checked="checked", like so:

HTML:
<label title="{xen:phrase search_only_x, 'title={$forum.title}'}"><input type="checkbox" name="nodes[]" value="{$forum.node_id}"
    id="search_bar_nodes" class="Disabler AutoChecker"
    data-uncheck="#search_bar_thread" /> {xen:phrase search_this_forum_only}</label>
    <ul id="search_bar_nodes_Disabler">
        <li><label><input type="checkbox" name="type[post][group_discussion]" value="1"
            id="search_bar_group_discussion" class="AutoChecker"
            data-uncheck="#search_bar_thread" /> {xen:phrase display_results_as_threads}</label></li>
    </ul>

Edit the search_bar_forum_only template.

Remove the checked="checked", like so:

HTML:
<label title="{xen:phrase search_only_x, 'title={$forum.title}'}"><input type="checkbox" name="nodes[]" value="{$forum.node_id}"
    id="search_bar_nodes" class="Disabler AutoChecker"
    data-uncheck="#search_bar_thread" /> {xen:phrase search_this_forum_only}</label>
    <ul id="search_bar_nodes_Disabler">
        <li><label><input type="checkbox" name="type[post][group_discussion]" value="1"
            id="search_bar_group_discussion" class="AutoChecker"
            data-uncheck="#search_bar_thread" /> {xen:phrase display_results_as_threads}</label></li>
    </ul>

Thanks!

I agree, my users find this confusing as well

Top Bottom