XF Open Framework (XFOF) [Deleted]

Anthony Parsons

Anthony Parsons submitted a new resource:

XF Open Framework (XFOF) (version 1.0) - An open framework for all and any to add their edits to.

The purpose of this open framework is not for me alone to build and dictate what is encompassed, but provide a start for anyone who is interested in building an open framework that quickly performs common XF functions, template edits, etc, at the click of a button versus installing lots of add-ons or such, or perform lots of template edits.

Credits

I did not write these edits. These are other members template edits, minor mods, etc, all put into one add-on for ease of use. I have made...

Read more about this resource...

Love the idea, this could end up being some sort of proving ground for community tweaks that might make it into the final product.

May I suggest you set up a GitHub repository with the code for this addon, so that others can easily contribute?

Love the idea, this could end up being some sort of proving ground for community tweaks that might make it into the final product.
Agree.
May I suggest you set up a GitHub repository with the code for this addon, so that others can easily contribute?
Great idea.

I think this Open framework was exactly what I was thinking about to help reduce problems down the road.

How might this reduce clashes and conflicts between addons ?

An excellent Idea Anthony... as previously stated you are a great asset to the XF community! Thanks

I would second the Github idea... It would help the addon grow.

Well everything went fine but after i installed the new XFOF i got an mysql error if i try to read/open a Thread and a bit confused now what to do? Maybe anyone can help me? Thanks a lot
Error Info:

Zend_Db_Statement_Mysqli_Exception: Mysqli prepare error: You have an error in your SQL syntax; check the manual that corresponds to your MySQL server version for the right syntax to use near 'OUTER JOIN xf_session_activity AS session ON post.user_id = session.user_id ' at line 20 - library/Zend/Db/Statement/Mysqli.php:77

Stack Trace:

#0 /var/www/html/web1253/html/brainlag-Forum/library/Zend/Db/Statement.php(115): Zend_Db_Statement_Mysqli->_prepare('?????SELECT pos...')
#1 /var/www/html/web1253/html/brainlag-Forum/library/Zend/Db/Adapter/Mysqli.php(381): Zend_Db_Statement->__construct(Object(Zend_Db_Adapter_Mysqli), '?????SELECT pos...')
#2 /var/www/html/web1253/html/brainlag-Forum/library/Zend/Db/Adapter/Abstract.php(478): Zend_Db_Adapter_Mysqli->prepare('?????SELECT pos...')
#3 /var/www/html/web1253/html/brainlag-Forum/library/XenForo/Model.php(218): Zend_Db_Adapter_Abstract->query('?????SELECT pos...', 8196, 2)
#4 /var/www/html/web1253/html/brainlag-Forum/library/EWRporta/Model/Post.php(27): XenForo_Model->fetchAllKeyed('?????SELECT pos...', 'post_id', 8196)
#5 /var/www/html/web1253/html/brainlag-Forum/library/XenForo/ControllerPublic/Thread.php(69): EWRporta_Model_Post->getPostsInThread(8196, Array)
#6 /var/www/html/web1253/html/brainlag-Forum/library/sloganizer/Controller.php(8): XenForo_ControllerPublic_Thread->actionIndex()
#7 /var/www/html/web1253/html/brainlag-Forum/library/EWRporta/ControllerPublic/Thread.php(9): sloganizer_Controller->actionIndex()
#8 /var/www/html/web1253/html/brainlag-Forum/library/XenForo/FrontController.php(310): EWRporta_ControllerPublic_Thread->actionIndex()
#9 /var/www/html/web1253/html/brainlag-Forum/library/XenForo/FrontController.php(132): XenForo_FrontController->dispatch(Object(XenForo_RouteMatch))
#10 /var/www/html/web1253/html/brainlag-Forum/index.php(13): XenForo_FrontController->run()
#11 {main}

Request State:

array(3) {
["url"] => string(43) "http://www.brainlag.eu/threads/doryxx.8196/"
["_GET"] => array(0) {
}
["_POST"] => array(0) {
}
}

After disabling the addon it works, after a while, all fine again

It's a problem with the add-on - post in the add-on thread.

Edit: I see you already did, to link to the new thread. I have merged them.

Any specific reason why you are using TMS? A lame-o like me prefers manual.

It would defeat the purpose of this resource? If you like manual you can implement what he automated in this "addon" manually by using the mentioned edits.

I thought the add-on would simply add the code itself??
It does, via the TMS. This reduces forward compatibility issues with XF upgrades, style upgrades, etc, as none of the direct code is actually edited in any template, thus making it extremely easy to upgrade going forward by only having to pull changed code, paste it into the TMS edit and leave everything else.

By default, everything is turned off to reduce issues with existing style features, ie. both xenstyles and xenique have their own frameworks which do many things, some edits exist in those frameworks already and would clash.

Mate, this is your area of expertise... so any help on that would be appreciated. I won't pretend to know how github works... but if this makes it easy for anyone and everyone to add their pieces directly into a single framework, then that sounds good to me.

With each stable release it gets updated here for everyone to freely use. Sounds good to me... I'm a fan of making things easy for people, and free.

Well everything went fine but after i installed the new XFOF i got an mysql error if i try to read/open a Thread and a bit confused now what to do? Maybe anyone can help me? Thanks a lot
After disabling the addon it works, after a while, all fine again
You may want to look at what other add-ons / template modifications you have installed, because this shouldn't cause any issues as the edits are primarily template based, with only the online status functionality that uses /library/ files to denote if a user is online, offline, etc. Everything else is TMS edits.

You need to check that the TMS edits are all working correctly, that they're being applied without conflicts due to existing style changes you've made.

Again, this is done to work on "default" XF styling, version 1.2+

Thanks for your reply, i will check that and write back if i find whats that issue is causing, also if not ;)

Mate, this is your area of expertise... so any help on that would be appreciated. I won't pretend to know how github works... but if this makes it easy for anyone and everyone to add their pieces directly into a single framework, then that sounds good to me.

With each stable release it gets updated here for everyone to freely use. Sounds good to me... I'm a fan of making things easy for people, and free.

I can assist you in setting one up and accepting code from others if you like. It's relatively easy.

Top Bottom