XF Open Framework (XFOF) [Deleted]

Got one setup, added my first file to it... still trying to work it out though: https://github.com/anthonyparsons/XF-Open-Framework

How do I package files into folders, then into a zip on it? Or it doesn't do that? I have to work out now how to add the existing /library/ files.

Start out by downloading Github for Mac: http://mac.github.com/

Once downloaded just "clone" your repository using the Github client, open the folder in Finder, copy your files in it and use the Github client to "stage" the files and then "push" them to Github.

I'm leaving out a lot of details but you seem quite tech savvy. If you have any questions feel free to contact me on gtalk: n.rijksen-at-gmail-dot-com.

Nice... I already downloaded github for mac and been looking at that, the clone feature etc, as using terminal was a little annoying to do everything.

That was easy... drag and drop, wipe out the silly mac ds store files and synced.

Thanks Nathan, I was wondering how to use that little addition of a program.

So what happens when either I or another modifies the xml? Does it merge the changes or do I have to merge them?

No one can modify files on the repository but you. Others can choose to fork your repository and make modifications to the files, then they can make a "pull request" to your repository, if you accept it you will merge their modifications into your codebase.

This is all made pretty clear in the github ui once it happens, so just sit tight ;)

It does... through the use of the TMS. Everything is disabled by default to avoid any issues with styles that have an existing functionality via framework.

Guiltar answered why this is used best already @ http://xenforo.com/community/threads/template-modification-system-tms.27973/page-9#post-349062
You've answered the question twice now, but thank you :)
I can't quite express what I'm trying to say, so I'm going to go ahead and stop trying. I am just not really for the TMS at this moment in time :/

I feel a little silly asking, but I am trying to mod the Online Status code so that only people who are online will have any sort of status shown. But when I click on the message_user_info — mui001 template to edit it, I see the code for the template that adds the moderation links to the usernames.:

Code:
<xen:if is="{$visitor.is_admin} && @xfofMessageUserInfo">
    <div class="Popup">
        <span style="display:inline" rel="Menu"><xen:username user="$user" itemprop="name" rich="true" style="display:inline" /></span>
        <div class="Menu JsOnly formPopup">
            <ul class="secondaryContent blockLinksList">
                <li><a style ="cursor: pointer" onClick="window.open('admin.php?users/{$user.user_id}/edit','edit','width=1000,height=850')"><b>Edit User</b></a></li>
                <li><a style ="cursor: pointer" onClick="window.open('admin.php?users/{$user.user_id}/avatar','edit','width=1000,height=650')"><b>Edit Avatar</b></a></li>
                <li><a style ="cursor: pointer" onClick="window.open('admin.php?banning/users/{$user.user_id}/add','ban','width=1000,height=650')"><b>Ban User</b></a></li>
            </ul>
        </div>
    </div>
<xen:else />
    <xen:username user="$user" itemprop="name" rich="true" />
</xen:if>

The online status code is delivered by template: xfof_message_user_online and more importantly, the CSS for it is contained in template xfof.css under the heading /* User Online Status Ribbon */

Hi Anthony, I have this problem below with the online status indicator:

onlinestatus.webp

it pushes the avatar to the left. It also looks weird on other locations that I choose.

Hi Anthony, I have this problem below with the online status indicator:

View attachment 30089

it pushes the avatar to the left. It also looks weird on other locations that I choose.
If you're using a half-decent browser that can inspect the element, try and check for any margin-left or padding-left and see if that's what's causing it.

Well if Firefox 13.00 constitues as a half decent browser maybe :P

Code:
.UserOnline {
    font-weight: bold;
    font-size: 10px;
    color: rgb(20, 20, 20);
    background: url("styles/sekerpembe/xenforo/gradients/category-23px-light.png") repeat-x scroll center top rgb(238, 81, 241);
    padding: 1px 5px;
    margin: 1px -5px 5px -25px;
    border: 1px solid rgb(238, 81, 241);
    border-radius: 3px 3px 3px 0px;
    display: block;
    float: left;
    position: relative;
    left: 20px;
    top: 2px;
    box-shadow: 1px 1px 3px rgba(0, 0, 0, 0.25);
}

I'll PM it for you. The owner is a bit partial to posting it other than the target audience :)

You may have to add a "clear:both" to the online status element, as I think from memory I found another issue of this with Firefox at one point. I believe it has more to do with the post elements already being floated and such, which screws it up based on when you locate it at the top of the user info element.

Firefox has done some weird things with this.

It could in the sense of having a single addon add many functions... being the purpose of it.

Quite honestly, I also expect to see XF back in full development next year after the trial, or at worst case, simply closed down if they lost... which there is nothing visible to date to conclude that outcome.

I will take a look during the week and update.

I won't update it for 1.2, as it has many of the features here and/or remove the requirement for moving the visitor tabs via interactive menu options.

Top Bottom