Implemented XF needs better signature line separator

This suggestion has been implemented. Votes are no longer accepted.
I think at least 3 of these 'signature issue' threads have the devs attention now, so we can wait for a few changes, at least we can hope for them to happen soon !!

Why suddenly all these last minute changes, it looks good stop ruining it right before final release :s
sorry, but these are functions i found in every free forum software.
so i wonder why this is not in a new created "paid" software.
better we wait some more time and fix these things before gold.(there are some more i miss)

better we wait some more time and fix these things before gold.(there are some more i miss)
You wonder why what is not in this paid software? A signature line separator?
It is.

I don't know what you're talking about tbh,I can clearly see the separator and it looks fine. You can't please everyone in terms of look, that's why there are style properties.

You wonder why what is not in this paid software? A signature line separator?
It is.
no, i miss more features in the backend for the signatures.
sorry for missunderstanding
redface.png

This issue has nothing to do with the color of the line, it has to do with the lack of space between post content and signature space !!

Remember what I said about less talented forum administrators and default settings on out of the box software Mr. Brogan, I am still learning stuff in the VB ACP and I have had it since 2005 I think, so default settings need to be set so there is a lot less time spent on adjusting things for new forum owners.

Remember what I said about less talented forum administrators and default settings on out of the box software Mr. Brogan, I am still learning stuff in the VB ACP and I have had it since 2005 I think, so default settings need to be set so there is a lot less time spent on adjusting things for new forum owners.
The same argument could be made for every single design element.

What works for one, doesn't work for another and reaching consensus on small details such as this will be impossible, as we have already seen with this and numerous other small design tweaks and suggestions.

The instructions for changing it have been provided and it is a 30 second job to do so.
Anyone who requires help with any aspect of setting up their forum only has to ask.

I was going to use that word consensus in my last post but decided to leave it for this one, I think there should be a consensus on default settings developed by the license owners, I guess that would require some sort of voting process, but I am not the one who will set it up with every little default setting to be voted on since I don't own a license yet.

I guess in time it will be refined by Kier and Mike based on customer input.

To be honest I feel the space is fine the way it is, however the light blue dotted line is extremely hard to see on my monitor, which is why I suggested another color(a suggestion). But... it's easily changed within 10 seconds of getting to the appearance screen so not really a big deal for me :)

This is a very subjective discussion which I doubt will really change what gets modified in the "default" settings. It is easy to change the formatting using the excellent style tools in the admin section, plus there are bound to be dozens of styles available for shipping once the product is officially released. As documentation matures, it will be addressed so that even the most non-savvy administrator can make the changes using what's available. (plus users will have the forums to quickly find the answers to common tasks)

--Ed

Top Bottom