Implemented XF needs better signature line separator

This suggestion has been implemented. Votes are no longer accepted.
I have signatures turned off (you can guess why) so don't know how they appear.

Just had a quick look and the separator is there for both.
Floris has just styled his signature to use the same font and make it look like part of the post.

You don't get what?

I have signatures disabled because too many people have oversized signatures, images, huge emboldened coloured text, etc.

I'm interested in the content of the posts, not the 10 lines of meaningless, repeated text below each one.

I have signatures turned off (you can guess why) so don't know how they appear.

Just had a quick look and the separator is there for both.
Floris has just styled his signature to use the same font and make it look like part of the post.
Suggestion for a quick way to enable sigs in the username drop-down underneath "show online status"? ;)

I don't think there needs to be a better sig line separator, as much as there needs to be a space between the post content and the separator, and a space between the separator and the signature.

I hate my sig kissing the bottom side of that separator.

Maybe the thought was to save screen space Peggy, I guess they will have to use some to solve this problem, that or move to one signature per forum page so they are not repetitive as XF default.

Don't you think that makes some sense ?

That might be, but out of the box improvements need to be made for less talented customers at the same time, setting certain defaults is good for those types, and one signature showing for each member per thread page would be my default along with some of the style changes you suggest.

The only improvement I can see with regards to the signature separator being improved is disabling image signatures in posts. It's obviously conflicting with the main content not because the separator is too faint or whatever excuse people are going for this week but because these large images and whatnot are a strong focus point and over powering the content.

Top Bottom