XF Multipage for XF 1.3 [Paid] [Deleted]

Rigel Kentaurus

Rigel Kentaurus submitted a new resource:
XF Multipage - XF Multipage

This Add-On solves the issue of reading a first post that is really, really long, and wishing it could be organized into sections, yet, somehow, doing multiple posts does not seem like the correct solution.

This Add-On adds a new BBCode, named "multipage", that will work ONLY on the first post. You may add multipage to separate the pages:

screen-shot-2014-04-21-at-11-28-34-pm-png.72184

The result, in the first post, will be a Table of Contents, that enables you to navigate the different pages in the post.

screen-shot-2014-04-21-at-11-35-25-pm-png.72183

Whenever you edit the post, you can add more pages, remove, re-arrange or change anything, because it is just a BBCode. The TOC will be updated for the new data.

Please note
Cache BB Code Output must be disabled for this feature to work

Last edited:
Is there a demo somewhere? I can see the screenshots but would like to see it in operation :)

Thats nice, because you can link to each individual page.
Just a suggestion.... it would be very useful if you could highlight the page you are currently on in the table of contents ;).

@Rigel Kentaurus I'm getting the the following error.
When i view a thread with this addon turned on it shows a white page, in Admin CP it gives this error in the logs.

Code:
Server Error Log
Error Info
ErrorException: Fatal Error: Can't use function return value in write context - library/XfAddOns/MultiPage/Override/Model/Post.php:71
Generated By: C.Birch, A moment ago
Stack Trace
#0 [internal function]: XenForo_Application::handleFatalError()
#1 {main}
Request State
array(3) {
  ["url"] => string(83) "http://www.yourpshome.net/threads/new-this-week-from-lockwood-april-23rd-2014.9591/"
  ["_GET"] => array(0) {
  }
  ["_POST"] => array(0) {
  }
}

@Rigel Kentaurus I'm getting the the following error.
When i view a thread with this addon turned on it shows a white page, in Admin CP it gives this error in the logs.

Code:
Server Error Log
Error Info
ErrorException: Fatal Error: Can't use function return value in write context - library/XfAddOns/MultiPage/Override/Model/Post.php:71
Generated By: C.Birch, A moment ago
Stack Trace
#0 [internal function]: XenForo_Application::handleFatalError()
#1 {main}
Request State
array(3) {
  ["url"] => string(83) "http://www.yourpshome.net/threads/new-this-week-from-lockwood-april-23rd-2014.9591/"
  ["_GET"] => array(0) {
  }
  ["_POST"] => array(0) {
  }
}
This is probably a PHP incompatibility, must likely you are running in 5.2 or 5.3
I'll update the add-on so it works regardless of the PHP version

possible to extend this so that the first post collates all the multipages on the thread and displays it as a table of contents?

Multipage only applies to the first post, other posts cannot have multiple pages
Yes i understand that. Just wondering if it can be extended so that becomes possible to add multipages bbcodes on any post. Would be a fantastic way of creating a table of contents. As it is right now, the main and perhaps only reason why someone would want this is if they wanted to show a really long first post in smaller chunks. Really like the idea of table of contents and if it can parse through the rest of the thread and build that, it would be awesome.

Yes i understand that. Just wondering if it can be extended so that becomes possible to add multipages bbcodes on any post. Would be a fantastic way of creating a table of contents. As it is right now, the main and perhaps only reason why someone would want this is if they wanted to show a really long first post in smaller chunks. Really like the idea of table of contents and if it can parse through the rest of the thread and build that, it would be awesome.

It can definitely be extended, the logic is there, just needs to be moved to the other posts.
There is some complexity in it, though. If you click on the page 3 of the first post, and then you click on page 2 of the second post, should it "remember" or "reset" that you were navigating the first post. Depending on that it can basically complicate how it tracks the page that you are currently viewing.

Right now, I don't have the intention of adding that functionality. The main purpose is pagination of the first post, and it already does that fairly decent :)

Top Bottom