XF 2.1 XF\Db\Exception: MySQL query error [1048]: Column 'result_cache_id' cannot be null

rhakoome

When people are trying to see tags in my forum (like https://www.hiking-site.nl/prikbord/index.php?tags/wildkamperen/page-2), they get an error-message which I see also in the logs (see below).

What can I do to asolve this?

Raymond

Stack trace
INSERT INTO xf_tag_result_cache (tag_id, user_id, expiry_date, results, result_cache_id, cache_date) VALUES (?, ?, ?, ?, ?, ?)
------------

#0 src/XF/Db/Mysqli/Statement.php(196): XF\Db\AbstractStatement->getException('MySQL query err...', 1048, '23000')
#1 src/XF/Db/Mysqli/Statement.php(77): XF\Db\Mysqli\Statement->getException('MySQL query err...', 1048, '23000')
#2 src/XF/Db/AbstractAdapter.php(94): XF\Db\Mysqli\Statement->execute()
#3 src/XF/Db/AbstractAdapter.php(221): XF\Db\AbstractAdapter->query('INSERT INTO `x...', Array)
#4 src/XF/Mvc/Entity/Entity.php(1452): XF\Db\AbstractAdapter->insert('xf_tag_result_c...', Array, false)
#5 src/XF/Mvc/Entity/Entity.php(1184): XF\Mvc\Entity\Entity->_saveToSource()
#6 src/XF/Pub/Controller/Tag.php(149): XF\Mvc\Entity\Entity->save()
#7 src/XF/Mvc/Dispatcher.php(350): XF\Pub\Controller\Tag->actionTag(Object(XF\Mvc\ParameterBag))
#8 src/XF/Mvc/Dispatcher.php(261): XF\Mvc\Dispatcher->dispatchClass('XF:Tag', 'Tag', Object(XF\Mvc\RouteMatch), Object(XF\Pub\Controller\Tag), Object(XF\Mvc\Reply\Reroute))
#9 src/XF/Mvc/Dispatcher.php(113): XF\Mvc\Dispatcher->dispatchFromMatch(Object(XF\Mvc\RouteMatch), Object(XF\Pub\Controller\Tag), Object(XF\Mvc\Reply\Reroute))
#10 src/XF/Mvc/Dispatcher.php(55): XF\Mvc\Dispatcher->dispatchLoop(Object(XF\Mvc\RouteMatch))
#11 src/XF/App.php(2184): XF\Mvc\Dispatcher->run()
#12 src/XF.php(391): XF\App->run()
#13 index.php(20): XF::runApp('XF\\Pub\\App')
#14 {main}

I'm not 100% certain about this, but this may indicate that your database structure isn't as expected.

result_cache_id is the primary key of the table and so it can be null because it should be marked as auto_increment meaning a null value will be replaced with the AUTO_INCREMENT value for the table, usually the next ID.

Could you run the query SHOW CREATE TABLE xf_tag_result_cache and report back?

Hi Chris,

CREATE TABLE xf_tag_result_cache (
result_cache_id int(10) unsigned NOT NULL,
tag_id int(10) unsigned NOT NULL,
user_id int(10) unsigned NOT NULL,
cache_date int(10) unsigned NOT NULL,
expiry_date int(10) unsigned NOT NULL,
results mediumblob NOT NULL
) ENGINE=InnoDB DEFAULT CHARSET=utf8

Raymond

That would appear to prove what I was saying.

Have you ever restored this table or this database from a backup? This may be a sign of a much wider problem.

You can run a query to fix this table:
SQL:
ALTER TABLE xf_tag_result_cache
MODIFY COLUMN result_cache_id INT(10) UNSIGNED PRIMARY KEY AUTO_INCREMENT;

But really it would be useful to try and work out why this happened in the first place and whether other tables could be affected.

Chris,

That did the trick! And yes, it was copied from one server to another (previous version) and then upgraded to version 2.*

Thank you so much for your support!

Raymond

Just that table or all tables? I'd be very concerned if all tables as to whether other primary/AI keys were missing.

Though if this is the only server error you were getting then perhaps it only applied to this table.

Top Bottom