XF 2.3 XF Cloud: hCaptcha Error

RGrizzzz

I'm seeing the following errors since yesterday am in Xenforo cloud. It looks like it's failing on the registration page. There has never been a site/secret key in the config. What's happening here?

Code:
#0 src/XF.php(219): XF\Error->logError('hCaptcha config...', false)
#1 src/XF/Captcha/HCaptcha.php(122): XF::logError('hCaptcha config...')
#2 src/XF/Mvc/Controller.php(967): XF\Captcha\HCaptcha->isValid()
#3 src/XF/Pub/Controller/Register.php(415): XF\Mvc\Controller->captchaIsValid()
#4 src/XF/Mvc/Dispatcher.php(352): XF\Pub\Controller\Register->actionRegister(Object(XF\Mvc\ParameterBag))
#5 src/XF/Mvc/Dispatcher.php(258): XF\Mvc\Dispatcher->dispatchClass('XF:Register', 'Register', Object(XF\Mvc\RouteMatch), Object(XF\Pub\Controller\Register), NULL)
#6 src/XF/Mvc/Dispatcher.php(115): XF\Mvc\Dispatcher->dispatchFromMatch(Object(XF\Mvc\RouteMatch), Object(XF\Pub\Controller\Register), NULL)
#7 src/XF/Mvc/Dispatcher.php(57): XF\Mvc\Dispatcher->dispatchLoop(Object(XF\Mvc\RouteMatch))
#8 src/XF/App.php(2487): XF\Mvc\Dispatcher->run()
#9 src/XF.php(524): XF\App->run()
#10 index.php(20): XF::runApp('XF\\Pub\\App')
#11 {main}

1716316071138.webp

1716316120648.webp

If you were to register a new account, do you then end up with another error log?

I haven't seen this and as far as I can see no one else has reported this.

The captcha configuration is used by default across self-hosted too. I would expect more reports about this if it was a widespread issue.

Hopefully it might have just sorted itself out and won't happen again, but please let us know.

If you were to register a new account, do you then end up with another error log?

I haven't seen this and as far as I can see no one else has reported this.

The captcha configuration is used by default across self-hosted too. I would expect more reports about this if it was a widespread issue.

Hopefully it might have just sorted itself out and won't happen again, but please let us know.
I just registered a test user, and it seemed to work ok. I tried to register a second user, purposefully failing the Hcaptcha test. I couldn't make it time out. It just kept giving me more tests. Maybe a bot could get it to time out, but I tried/failed over 10 times.

If I look at the errors, the few that occur at the same time are different email addresses with the same domain. Seems odd, likely spam.

I did a bit more research and it would seem that when we have had this reported in the past, it corresponded to an outage on the hCaptcha side. As long as they don't persist for a prolonged period, they are safe to ignore.

I did a bit more research and it would seem that when we have had this reported in the past, it corresponded to an outage on the hCaptcha side. As long as they don't persist for a prolonged period, they are safe to ignore.
These are still happening. There are 282 of them since May 20. Can you guys look at this some more? Is it an error on their side, or on yours? Did an API change or something?

Probably best to submit a ticket and we will look into it. We may need to request access to your admin control panel to investigate further.

Back
Top Bottom