XF 1.4 Xf behind reverse proxy + SSL terminator

Weppa333

This is on XF 1.4.10 currently, but same problem probably applies in current version

I'm running XF behind a reverse proxy that aloso does ssl termination

Meaning the browser talks HTTPS to the proxy, which then queries the XF server in HTTP.

Problem with this is the BASE HREF tag in the layout, which is always set to HTTP ( XF sees an http connection coming from the proxy). It of course breaks the site.
I could "hardwire" base href in the layout, but I wonder if there is an elegant solution to that

PS
Changing the "forum url" in the acp options does not work ; this "base href" thing seems to be built on the fly by I don't know what

PS2
As is, XF is simply not able to run behind a reverse proxy that does ssl termination

PS3
When are you gonna get rid of these horrible base href tags that break XF on many search engines spiders.

If you are guaranteed to access via SSL, put:
Code:
$_SERVER['HTTPS'] = 'on';
In config.php.

(Even without the base tag, the URLs may still be wrong because XF can't necessarily detect the proper URL.)

Works like a charm !

That's why I use XenForo : I'm don't always agree with your choices ( base href ? o_O ) but support - even for the weirdest setups - is really great and direct contact with the DEVs. Thanks so much.

Top Bottom