XF as Project Managment Tool ?

tafreehm

Hello,
I am thinking about using using XF as project management tool (PMT). Where, there will be team members, who will be assigned to projects, there will be a due date, and some other PMT basic tools.

What do you guys think about XF playing as PMT ? Do you think it would be good idea to use XF as PMT, if yes, what do you suggest ?

After using several project management tools, I now use XenForo for project management.

I was finding it frustrating to do things like create a simple set of instructions with attachments (photos and/or video) - most project tools I've used simply don't do well at content management - they are all about lists and responsibilities and such. XenForo is much better at this, although of course it lacks the list management and task tracking and such - but that isn't so important for the type of work I do.

I use a combination of project-level forums and private forums, depending on the nature of the tasks and I use thread prefixes to indicate status. My needs are quite simple though.

I also have integration with my help desk (HelpSpot) so that I can easily push a support request to XenForo to turn it into a project item for further discussion and assignment.

With some custom development, I'm sure you could make XenForo into quite a powerful project management tool - but even in a rather vanilla installation, it can still do the job if your needs are not overly complex.

I also use the same system as a general discussion forum and dumping ground for notes, resources, documentation and such.

These days I'm also using HipChat a lot for direct communication between staff members and allocation of simple tasks.

After using several project management tools, I now use XenForo for project management.

I was finding it frustrating to do things like create a simple set of instructions with attachments (photos and/or video) - most project tools I've used simply don't do well at content management - they are all about lists and responsibilities and such. XenForo is much better at this, although of course it lacks the list management and task tracking and such - but that isn't so important for the type of work I do.

I use a combination of project-level forums and private forums, depending on the nature of the tasks and I use thread prefixes to indicate status. My needs are quite simple though.

I also have integration with my help desk (HelpSpot) so that I can easily push a support request to XenForo to turn it into a project item for further discussion and assignment.

With some custom development, I'm sure you could make XenForo into quite a powerful project management tool - but even in a rather vanilla installation, it can still do the job if your needs are not overly complex.

I also use the same system as a general discussion forum and dumping ground for notes, resources, documentation and such.

These days I'm also using HipChat a lot for direct communication between staff members and allocation of simple tasks.
can I take a look at your forum as an example ? My only concern is email notification. Can you make xenforo to send email notification as soon as there is a new post on forum ?

can I take a look at your forum as an example ? My only concern is email notification. Can you make xenforo to send email notification as soon as there is a new post on forum ?

A bit difficult to show you my forum - it's private. I'm not really doing anything more than what you see them doing here on XenForo with suggestions and bug reports. I haven't done any custom development - other than the integration with my HelpDesk system and some custom bbcode for displaying videos using JWPlayer.

Email notifications is a bit of a problem - XenForo can't do that out of the box, would require some custom development. It would be a useful thing to add.

Top Bottom