XF Addons

Disciple of Nagash

Hi,

I am looking at coming from MyBB. My forum is heavily customised (www.vampirecounts.net) and I have been checking out the addons here which seem very extensive. However there are a couple that I have not managed to find an equivalent here, and I just wanted to ask and see if they existed:

• Abbreviations - Allows Admin to specify abbreviations and description in ACP (example: DoN = Disciple of Nagash). If an abbreviation is used in a post in the forum it changes style and upon mouseover the description shows - very handy for new users.
  • RSS Feed - Can input an RSS feed into the ACP and it will generate a thread in a specified forum on new posts. Currently used as a news forum.

There are probably some more, but those are the ones I can't find if anyone can confirm if they do or don't exist.

(I was going to ask in the addon forum but I don't have access yet).

Many thanks

DoN

Abbreviations - Allows Admin to specify abbreviations and description in ACP (example: DoN = Disciple of Nagash). If an abbreviation is used in a post in the forum it changes style and upon mouseover the description shows - very handy for new users.
I don't think that exists. But it's a good idea.
For the time being, you could use
keyword-replace-waindigo-png.28690

source - http://xenforo.com/community/threads/keyword-replace-by-waindigo.30749/

But your shortform would be expanded to the full word.

Donate a bit of $$ to Waindigo and he might add what you want.

That is fantastic :)

If you don't mind there are a couple of more functions on my site which I have not been able to find in the addons:

• Random quote generator. At the top we have a section which randomly displays quotes upon refresh - these quotes are manually put into a file in the directory. I am not such much bothered about it being at the top, in the side bar would be great (ideally with an option for the user to hide).
  • Glow around user profile when online. At the moment if someone is online, their avatar in the postbit has a red glow around, dark if offline and I think blue if away.

Are there any addons like those two?

Thanks again for any help.

Ok, found a great random quote generator:
http://xenforo.com/community/resources/xenquotation.180/
So much better than my current one, being able to convert posts to quotes :)

@Shelley - yes I did find that one, I was hoping there was one similar to mine that put a glow around the avatar rather than the ribbon underneath.

I see you also do a lot smileys - don't suppose you have a vampire / gothicky ones for a Vampire Counts forum?

Ok, found a great random quote generator:
http://xenforo.com/community/resources/xenquotation.180/
So much better than my current one, being able to convert posts to quotes :)

@Shelley - yes I did find that one, I was hoping there was one similar to mine that put a glow around the avatar rather than the ribbon underneath.

I see you also do a lot smileys - don't suppose you have a vampire / gothicky ones for a Vampire Counts forum?

I haven't looked at that add-on but there might be a way of adapting it so you can change it from ribbons and replacing that with the specific glow around the avatar either via an image or box-shadowing. I haven't checked out the add-on so not entirely 100% sure if it can be adapted but worth trying on the off-chance it can be customized. I actually think it may be possible.

Vampire smilies - Only vampire type smiley I've designed was 1 for the xenforo extended pack. Not sure zombies count as gothicky? But I design zombie smilies that might appeal to your forum which I designed, not sure that is the gothicky feel your looking for though.

Screenshot_43.webp zombie preview.webp

Last edited:

@Digital Doctor

Sorry to bother you, but I was hoping you could help me with something.

On my site the text is for certain keywords is highlighted in blue, with a dotted underline. Using the info you provided I have figured out how to do the colour (color="#.....") but I can't seem to find how to do the dotted underline? Would appreciate any help? Cheers

Top Bottom