XF 2.3 ?

Status
Not open for further replies.
All I want for Christmas is some sort of native custom field search and filter built into XF and RM.

And maybe native XF social groups.

And for all the children to join hands and sing together in the spirit of harmony and peace.

Imagine 2.3 being the last XF version that will ever be released. No more new features, just some compatibility updates for a couple of years and that is it.

The silence speaks volumes - I don't see how any company owner would voluntarily ignore and fail to reassure its customer base under these circumstances. Many of the most active users on this site have come to this thread to politely voice their concerns, and it's now a 104 page thread with very little official input to alleviate concern.

There was clearly meant to be a XF2.3 some time ago and for some reason this hasn't happened, but we're being left in the dark and people are going to end up moving to other forum platforms. I know that I'm considering it, as I just don't know if there's a future with XF now.

I really don't want to do that, as I love XF, but the lack of official comment is pretty disheartening :(.

I know that I'm considering it, as I just don't know if there's a future with XF now.

I really don't want to do that, as I love XF, but the lack of official comment is pretty disheartening :(.
Same here. I hate even saying that. I love xenForo and want to continue using it for my projects. However, the lack of communication and updates have me seriously wondering if the software is no longer being actively developed. Even the bug fixes take forever.

The last HYS thread announcing a new feature (Article and thread improvements) was on August 6, 2020. That's almost three years ago. 😬

I have a new project and am looking at alternative software at this point. I'd rather use xenForo, but after many months (and years!) of waiting, development seems stagnant and I've lost confidence we'll see 2.3 anytime soon.

My point isn't to complain, but to express genuine concern and ask for communication from the developers. At this point, the silence is deafening.

Same here. I hate even saying that. I love xenForo and want to continue using it for my projects. However, the lack of communication and updates have me seriously wondering if the software is no longer being actively developed. Even the bug fixes take forever.

The last HYS thread announcing a new feature (Article and thread improvements) was on August 6, 2020. That's almost three years ago. 😬

I have a new project and am looking at alternative software at this point. I'd rather use xenForo, but after many months (and years!) of waiting, development seems stagnant and I've lost confidence we'll see 2.3 anytime soon.

My point isn't to complain, but to express genuine concern and ask for communication from the developers. At this point, the silence is deafening.
Not to mention, for every person that speaks this, there is another person that does not speak but act accordingly.

Laughing Out Loud Lol GIF by Minions

Sorry but could not resist laughing and pointing at all the impatient people in here.
Just enjoy your forums while the developers are creating something special for us.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom