XF 2.3 ?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Happy No Problem GIF by WTA

We deserve an update I believe. Just saying as a valid license holder since 2014.
I'd more say we are "due" a noticeable update...
Of course, if implementing a new editor is the holdup, I would hope that the XF developers would simply say so.... the faith that many long term license holders of XF holders should be due at least that small courtesy.
I honestly don't expect a lot out of 2.3..... due to the XF development philosophy that has been present for years to depend on outside developers to do much more than basic features with the core script. For me.. it's not the XF core script that keeps me around... but one of the major 3rd party developers add-ons.

As an aside, I have someone working on an addon for me. It's going to delete any post that starts with "So or Hmmm"

Hopefully, it won't delete too many of mine. :)
I need an update that parses posts with an AI and if they aren't plain, normal, everyday English, replaces them with a "Speak real English you inarticulate ****!" message. Yeah, I have this user...:rolleyes:

I need an update that parses posts with an AI and if they aren't plain, normal, everyday English, replaces them with a "Speak real English you inarticulate ****!" message. Yeah, I have this user...:rolleyes:
Wow! maybe that pedantic user needs to be given a day off when it comes to upgrading the forum.
Obviously chat to him/her before the scheduled upgrade via pm letting them know that they're getting an uninfracted day off on this date that the upgrade happens.

I'd more say we are "due" a noticeable update...
Of course, if implementing a new editor is the holdup, I would hope that the XF developers would simply say so.... the faith that many long term license holders of XF holders should be due at least that small courtesy.
I honestly don't expect a lot out of 2.3..... due to the XF development philosophy that has been present for years to depend on outside developers to do much more than basic features with the core script. For me.. it's not the XF core script that keeps me around... but one of the major 3rd party developers add-ons.
Something doesnt "feel" right.

I appreciate the software development lifecycle but this just doesnt seem right. A post by a dev a year back with you will see something in the coming weeks and then radio silence has me concerned.

Something doesnt "feel" right.

I appreciate the software development lifecycle but this just doesnt seem right. A post by a dev a year back with you will see something in the coming weeks and then radio silence has me concerned.
I actually agree with this now. I have been quite relaxed about the development speed, but something must be going on behind the scenes to impact development so much.

It means they get the day off with no warning points given away.
you fix it up by making another group.
I think they were joking about making such a bot though. That would seem like quite an excessive beating around the bush.

Anyways. Maybe they decided to do a huge refactoring and went too deep.

52 weeks, 1 year. We deserve an update I believe. Just saying as a valid license holder since 2014.
Oh you want another message saying that its coming a in few weeks? I'm sure a staff member will be able to whip that up for you if that keeps you happy for another year...:D
Not trying to be dismissive, but I don't think there is much point in any more promises.

Last edited:
I reckon the developers are going through everyone's suggestions and are researching what benefits these suggestions have on their forum.
Personally i'll be happy with anything new that will work with the next major version.
For example if you wanted a built in cms and shoutbox there's two widgets that need doing right there. I say widgets because every other thing that's there is a widget.
If a dark theme came in i wonder if they're looking at people's websites on here and saying that would suit this software.
I'd be happy with those three suggestions.

Oh you want another message saying that its coming a in few weeks? I'm sure a staff member will be able to whip that up for you if that keeps you happy for another year...:D
Not trying to be dismissive, but I don't think there is much point in any more promises.
It would be useful just so that we know that someone is still working on the project and that the wheels havent come off the cart.

Something , anything.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom