XF 2.3 ?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I agree.
the fact is that we've had threads closed on us because people are generally wanting answers but when push comes to shove they're being ignored due to their own challenging behaviour.
I personally wouldn't start up a thread that rubbishes the developers on here and then wants version 2.3 to come out because they're impatient.
Let the grown ups talk, please.

I agree.
the fact is that we've had threads closed on us because people are generally wanting answers but when push comes to shove they're being ignored due to their own challenging behaviour.
I personally wouldn't start up a thread that rubbishes the developers on here and then wants version 2.3 to come out because they're impatient.
Sorry, you posted while I was drafting my masterpiece lol.

100% we shouldn't rubbish the devs. It's extremely rude and inappropriate and very demotivating, even though they're getting paid a wage for that work.

Still laughing at all the impatient people on here. Only because laughing is what we can do.
Chill out everyone.
This thread came about as a joke first up to being a serious thread.
it's gone full circle.
As for the version we're discussing right now it's a strong possibility that the developers might be finding some of you to be a bit too rude and aren't bothering.
They're based in the UK and if you weren't brought up by any UK citizens then you don't know what respect is.
It doesn't take much to be respectful of them all. They're not all rude people, posh maybe, but not rude.

Did you know that they removed post numbers over a decade ago? They point blank refuse to add them back, even as an ACP option, either. For me, this is a dealbreaker.
I actually have a full IPB license too (expired) that I bought off someone years ago and keep it as a standby should XF ever become untenable, which I think is unlikely. Thing is, if they go cloud only, then that license will become useless, sigh.

I didnt , I found when I demo'd IPB that it wa a bit of a backward step from Xen though. It felt clunky and antiquated.

However, I have another board I run in discourse. I do rather like that though. Its fast, extendable and has lots of "offical" plugins that bring me some confidence that it will be supported.

Reactions: FTL
I didnt , I found when I demo'd IPB that it wa a bit of a backward step from Xen though. It felt clunky and antiquated.

However, I have another board I run in discourse. I do rather like that though. Its fast, extendable and has lots of "offical" plugins that bring me some confidence that it will be supported.
Yes, XF definitely does forums better and has some nice touches over IPB, not just with the post numbers. Of course, it doesn't have all those other components, so I'm not comparing it in that way. I'm sure if it did, they'd all work very smoothly and have those nice touches, too.

I have a forum over on this platform https://www.vbulletin.com

some of you were talking about paid subscriptions.

These guys both have regular updates and have a paid subscription

These links might hurt the developers as they used to work there. But it's to inform the other users who like to compare and talk about other forums to their own xf forum.

Last edited:

These links might hurt the developers as they ised to work there. But it's to inform the other users who like to compare and talk about other forums to their own xf forum.

People still use vBulletin?

These links might hurt the developers as they used to work there. But it's to inform the other users who like to compare and talk about other forums to their own xf forum.
What planet are you from?

I agree.

There's only one person around here who seems to be challenged...spoiler alert...it's not any of us.

No, you just continue to post in other folk's topics that they need to be patient while also continually tagging the devs and asking for updates.

There's only one person around here who seems to be challenged...spoiler alert...it's not any of us.

No, you just continue to post in other folk's topics that they need to be patient while also continually tagging the devs and asking for updates.
Not a problem when people in here ask me to help them. I just check with them.

What planet are you from?
Earth

grow up mate.

Right i see what you and some other pests are doing.
Grow up for once.
Stop bullying me

Earth

grow up mate.

Right i see what you and some other pests are doing.
Grow up for once.
Stop bullying me
Stop giving everyone a reason to bully you, you’re being ridiculous mate. You make a fool out of yourself, all the time. Even when we think you can’t sink any lower, you post something that’s more ridiculously than your previous posts. You contradict yourself all the time.

First, I haven't seen a single person ask for your help. Let's be honest...if someone needs help around here, you're likely not the person they're going to come to.

Second, the problem isn't that you ask for updates. The problem is that you laugh and point fingers at others for doing it and keep telling them to just be patient. Why is it ok for you to ask for updates but not for anyone else? It's just super hypocritical.

...and you wonder why people are jumping on your case? This is why.

I am probably in the minority but they can take their time with 2.3, XF has all the features I need now and I prefer a very stable version with occasional bug fixes then getting something new that causes me headaches as an admin.

Honestly, there isn't a silver bullet feature they can add that will help me gain members so right now I am good with xenforo current version. Two cents.

I am probably in the minority but they can take their time with 2.3, XF has all the features I need now and I prefer a very stable version with occasional bug fixes then getting something new that causes me headaches as an admin.

Honestly, there isn't a silver bullet feature they can add that will help me gain members so right now I am good with xenforo current version. Two cents.
That is understandable, but no dev comms for this long of a time-gap is the concern at play here...

I am probably in the minority
Not necessarily, it may just be that those who are unhappy about it are the most vocal, as is often the case.
but they can take their time with 2.3, XF has all the features I need now and I prefer a very stable version with occasional bug fixes then getting something new that causes me headaches as an admin.
This is how I feel, especially that even if I made a list of things I would like, there's a very big chance those features may not be be included anyway. When I see things people here are hoping will be included, I probably do't know what half of them are. That isn't to say I won't try out new stuff if it's there.

Not necessarily, it may just be that those who are unhappy about it are the most vocal, as is often the case.

This is how I feel, especially that even if I made a list of things I would like, there's a very big chance those features may not be be included anyway. When I see things people here are hoping will be included, I probably do't know what half of them are. That isn't to say I won't try out new stuff if it's there.

I'm in agreement with you both. There is no make it, or break it, feature that I can think of that's necessary for my site right now. Plenty of things I can think of I'd like to have, but none are detrimental to my site's existence. Also, most are likely not something that's coming anyways. I have no problems with XF (the software) as it is now. It's still, by a long shot, the best option for me and my site and as long as that's still the case I'll remain with XF, updates or not.

As I've said, my main issue is the lack of communication. Chris D has even admitted that they're lacking in that department but, even still, they've done nothing to remedy that. Communication, especially during times like these, goes a LONG way.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom