XF 2.2 XF 2.2 Upgrade Stuck

DaveM

I ran the upgrade for XF 2.2 from my ACP today and now my forum is stuck in upgrade mode and I have no idea what I should do next.

The Forum Shows This

1606981888168.webp

My ACP Shows this.

1606981925801.webp

As a rule, I almost never use the upgrade from the Admin panel option and always download the files and upload/install/upgrade them manually by hand.

Last edited:
I'm stuck there too on my site.

Any suggestions on how I can break out of the upgrade mode?

Thanks!
Navigate to /install and rebuild your master data. By the looks, that fixed the above.

If you have edited the master templates or language files you'll likely lose the changes.

Only changes to the master style or language would be lost - but that should never happen as development mode should not be enabled on a production site.

Is it sure ? It seems Rebuild Master Data is a part of upgrade process and you don't loose any template modification or language modification after an upgrade.
Like I said, only master data changes will be lost. If you haven't edited the master data, upgrading won't result in data loss. Yes, I am sure.

I navigated to /install/ but it took me here /install/index.php?upgrade/ and still left with a blank screen. Well, not blank, but with a Xenforo heading area...

Any other tricks to get it out of upgrade mode and see what's going on?

Thanks!

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2020-12-08 at 4.02.20 PM.webp
    Screen Shot 2020-12-08 at 4.02.20 PM.webp
    1.7 KB · Views: 9
Did you upload the files manually or use the one click?

This seems to me like an indication that there are missing files, so I would try reuploading the XF files and then refreshing the upgrade page.

@Mike

We uploaded the upgrade files via ftp.

We are still stuck in the blank upgrade screen. I can't even find a way out of it. Tried in Chrome and Firefox... nothing different just incase it was cached or anything.

Is there any way to abandon the current upgrade and start it over?

As it sounds like you haven't actually run any of the upgrade steps (you've just uploaded the files), restoring the files from the version you were running previously should allow the site to be accessible again.

Alternatively, you may wish to submit a ticket with login details (admin and FTP) and we can investigate, though it's worth mentioning that it's currently after 11 PM in the UK on a Sunday, so it's very likely we wouldn't be able to investigate until tomorrow.

Well, I made it to the /install screen and it starts the upgrade process, but then it stops and leaves me with the header and blank page under it. Even when I'm logged in as admin, I can't do anything else.

Untitled.webp

I'll open a ticket.

Thanks.

Top Bottom