Duplicate XF 2.2.7p1 older IOS devices are missing reply text boxes

chrisf

Affected version
2.2.7 Patch 1
We recently upgraded our site from I think 2.2.6 but it may have been 2.2.5 to 2.2.7p1. Since then one of our admins (and possibly other community users) have been having missing the editor text both when accessing the site using an older iPad. Our admin has an older iPad 3rd gen running IOS 9.3.6. As you can see below from the screen shot the entire editor box is missing. I had him clear all Safari history and website data and it did not make a difference. I had him then login here and he is seeing the exact same problem on the XF office site. I then had him login to our test XF site which I have not patched in a while and is still running 2.2.4 and it still works perfectly fine for him there. It seems to be some sort of bug in the 2.2.7 or 2.2.7p1 patch that broke the text editor in older IOS devices. Please let me know what other data you need to look into this problem.

bill ipad missing box.webp

bills ipad.webp

I'm still encountering issues on my tablet as well. I can type and post ok but the editor's icons are all greyed out and unusable :/

We recently upgraded our site from I think 2.2.6 but it may have been 2.2.5 to 2.2.7p1. Since then one of our admins (and possibly other community users) have been having missing the editor text both when accessing the site using an older iPad. Our admin has an older iPad 3rd gen running IOS 9.3.6. As you can see below from the screen shot the entire editor box is missing. I had him clear all Safari history and website data and it did not make a difference. I had him then login here and he is seeing the exact same problem on the XF office site. I then had him login to our test XF site which I have not patched in a while and is still running 2.2.4 and it still works perfectly fine for him there. It seems to be some sort of bug in the 2.2.7 or 2.2.7p1 patch that broke the text editor in older IOS devices. Please let me know what other data you need to look into this problem.

View attachment 257902

View attachment 257901

My users are reporting the same issue too.
This has been fixed for 2.2.8 already. For now your users may need to disable JavaScript in order to use the site.

I'm still encountering issues on my tablet as well. I can type and post ok but the editor's icons are all greyed out and unusable :/
That doesn’t sound like the same thing. You should post your own troubleshooting thread.

Assuming it isn’t just a case of the bb code mode being toggled?

7FF12509-1EF7-4DE0-A4AC-E99CF26DAA82.webp

Make sure the [ ] icon is turned off.

I have a similar report from one MAC OS user but an old browser and OS. He was able to use a newer browser and it works now.

Missing editor on Firefox 48.0.1 on Mac OS 10.6.8.

This has been fixed for 2.2.8 already. For now your users may need to disable JavaScript in order to use the site.

That doesn’t sound like the same thing. You should post your own troubleshooting thread.

Assuming it isn’t just a case of the bb code mode being toggled?

View attachment 257907

Make sure the [ ] icon is turned off.
Little bit to late but what is [ ] meaning??
I have android and my users also have that Problem

Before everything was good.
From one to another Day... very strange.

Hope someone can help me fix that :/

Dont have that.
My whole textbox is missing on mobile
Oh, I see.
Reading through the thread above here, did you try a different browser (or newer version, etc.)?
You didn't detail any diagnostic steps in your posts above.
What version XF is this? You're posting in a thread for 2.2.7 PL1.

oh sorry i didnt see that this is a thread for 2.2.7.
Was on rush when i write that.

I create a new thread with more informations:

Top Bottom