XF 2.1 XF 2.1 - disabling the trophy system

entelechy

How would you be able to disable the trophy system and remove references from user accounts etc completely? Is there a single native option available for this, or is there an addon that can achieve it?

I am thinking of disabling trophies as they annoy some of my members, and ecourage people making useless posts, taking up bandwith etc.

If I disable them as in above, are there any possible re-percusssions (on Titles etc)

I suggest you take a look at the workings and do what's right for your site and niche. For example if you have a food forum you can have food-related trophies; people are "Hungry for more" of your content, and "Top Chef," etc. You can make it fun, rewarding, and engaging. Leaving the defaults is like using the popcorn button on your microwave instead of figuring out the actual time. You gonna get burnt! ;)

I suggest you take a look at the workings and do what's right for your site and niche. For example if you have a food forum you can have food-related trophies; people are "Hungry for more" of your content, and "Top Chef," etc. You can make it fun, rewarding, and engaging. Leaving the defaults is like using the popcorn button on your microwave instead of figuring out the actual time. You gonna get burnt! ;)
Great analogy and good points.

I've got (at last count) just over 30 trophies:
7 x Post Counts (starting at 5, ending at 100,000).
7 x Like Counts (starting at 10, ending at 5000).
5 x Member Longevity (starting at 1 month, ending at 10 years).
10 x Various (Report Bugs, Make a suggestion, Introduce Yourself, Enter Competitions, Help a fellow user, Win Competitions, etc etc).

If you structure them well, it gives users something to strive for.

I've only been launched a fortnight odd, and already some members are hitting 100 likes/messages.

Some good points there, and I appreciate them.
But...

I just got 250 points on TAZ
Whoopie- to me it was just a waste of time opening the message.
But everyone to their own
I post on TAZ when I want to or when I see an interetsing topic.

My problem is that on my forum too many people post oneliners that would be better on a stand up comedy site.
Of course I have a lot that never contribute, but I don't think trophies would encourage them.

The cooking idea was a good one, but my forum is a general / politics one.
And the introduce yourself one also.

Top Bottom