XF 2.0.0. RC 1 (Happy Tuesday)

jadmperry

WOO HOOO!!!

Xenforo 2.0 RC 1 is out!!
Great job, guys! (And, for those long time Xenforo aficionados and those betting on the release date, note that this release falls on a Tuesday, just like every major past release).

Looking forward to all of the greatness that will follow!

WOO HOOO!!!

Xenforo 2.0 RC 1 is out!!
Great job, guys! (And, for those long time Xenforo aficionados and those betting on the release date, note that this release falls on a Tuesday, just like every major past release).

Looking forward to all of the greatness that will follow!
Don't break anything :X3:

Wow, with an vB 3.x importer included. 👍 Have to check if it is at least en par with the vB 3.x importer from XF 1.x.

Hmm I thought that importer was removed. It's still a work in progress.

Ohh. Bummer. Yes, it's in there. But happy to see that you're working on it. Would prefer to skip the in-between-1.x-step if possible.

It's actually just been removed from the package to ensure people don't try it yet.

Wow, with an vB 3.x importer included. 👍 Have to check if it is at least en par with the vB 3.x importer from XF 1.x.
Ohh. Bummer. Yes, it's in there. But happy to see that you're working on it. Would prefer to skip the in-between-1.x-step if possible.
Most certainly dont use it for now :)
It's actually just been removed from the package to ensure people don't try it yet.
C'mon, guys, let's keep this thread on topic!!!

HOORAY for XF!!!!

I see that RC1 announcement has almost the same text as a beta release. Does it mean it is still not safe for people to upgrade? How will people upgrade and give feedback.

I see that RC1 announcement has almost the same text as a beta release. Does it mean it is still not safe for people to upgrade? How will people upgrade and give feedback.
It's not unsafe, it's never been unsafe. You just have to be prepared for the fact that a) there could still be bugs and b) support is limited to the forums only.

You can mitigate the "risk" by upgrading a test installation first.

Top Bottom