XF 1.4 might be released this tuesday

XF 1.4 Beta 1 release date

• I think you're right, we'll see XF 1.4 Beta 1 this tuesday

Votes: 16 22.9%
  • I don't think so, it's too soon!

Votes: 21 30.0%
  • Super120, man really what's your obsession with new version numbers?

Votes: 33 47.1%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

imthebest

Hello,

Here are the facts:

1. Mr. Brogan posted this tutorial yesterday even when XF 1.4 isn't available yet.
2. Welcome to XF 1.3 was posted on Jan 22, 2014 (wednesday) and XenForo 1.3.0 Beta 1 was released the next tuesday: Jan 28, 2014
3. Welcome to XF 1.4 has been posted July 30, 2014 (wednesday, too!)... XenForo 1.4.0 Beta 1 to be released this tuesday Aug 5, 2014?

What do you think?

Thanks,
Super120

Last edited:
From a post Mike made, the next release will could be 1.3.5 whenever it's ready.

Last edited:
1.4 may or may not be release before 1.3.5. That comment was a loose saying, not a concrete fact.

i realy dont see why rush about 1.4??

All webamster will wait to all installed plugin will be rewriten to works with 1.4 me first, only after that goes upgrade to 1.4.

ok will see :ROFLMAO:

There's no reason to think any different that add-ons would need re-written from the ground up. As Azhrialilu stated and going by the history of xenforo updates they'll most likely need the odd touch up here or there and in most cases untouched.

I posted that purely to demonstrate how simple it is to move the indicator, in an attempt to put the minds of those who are concerned about it at rest and to defuse the huge discussion regarding the default placement.

That went well :whistle:

Nothing more should be read into it.
But then people wouldn't be able to write conspiracy theories about everything :cautious:

There's no reason XF 1.3.5 and XF 1.4.0 Beta couldn't be released on the same day. They're two different things under concurrent development and it wouldn't be unprecedented for them to be released together.

They do tend to do releases on Tuesdays so it's not much of a stretch. You seem to worry about release schedules way too much though.

It will be released when it's released... why worry about something you have no control over. Sit back, grab a cold beverage of choice and enjoy the important things in life.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom