• This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn more.

Not a bug xf 1.3 rc 1: Upgrade not possible (root /install not found)

Marcus

After uploading files from beta 4 to rc 1 I can not access domain.com/install for upgrade.

php library/XenForo/Install/run-upgrade.php said the upgrade went fine. Then I see domain.com and it still shows me the message the board did not upgrade.

I do not let execute files as index.php being executed in numerous directories.

Solution: directly point to install/index.php?upgrade/

Last edited:

Marcus

Actually it is an issue with my server as I do not give my server permissions to execute random files as index.php in /somedirectory/index.php

I updated my first post.

But a backup is always useful. Do you have daily backups? It's really important to have them and copy them also to another server so they survive a hdd crash.

Liam W

Actually it is an issue with my server as I do not give my server permissions to execute random files as index.php in /somedirectory/index.php

I updated my first post.

But a backup is always useful. Do you have daily backups? It's really important to have them and copy them also to another server so they survive a hdd crash.
I think I've only backed up twice...

Marcus

Actually I do think this could be regarded as a bug as the reported phrase was "/install is not a route", however xenforo used install as a route but instead it relied on the webserver to execute the index.php script. It could also be useful do directly point to the install or upgrade scripts.

Marcus

And another issue: Why did the cli upgrader reported a complete upgrade, when after the complete upgrade my forum was still closed to the public forcing me to do a web upgrade? I would classify that also as a bug.

Mike

XenForo developer
Staff member
If /install went to the parent directory, then that's down to your webserver configuration -- it should at least be considering that as a directory and taking the appropriate action. We do assume that index.php is a directory index though as that is a bog standard web server config.

If you're having problems with the CLI upgrader, I suggest you post in the install forum but we would need to see the entire output from when it was run.

Marcus

The shell output of the upgrade are just like any successful shell upgrades. There are no error or other special messages.

There seems to he a bug as the cli told me it is completed while the web interface told otherwise.

RoldanLT

The shell output of the upgrade are just like any successful shell upgrades. There are no error or other special messages.

There seems to he a bug as the cli told me it is completed while the web interface told otherwise.
Might be related to php caching.

mjda

Might be related to php caching.
I believe this is exactly what it is because my site does the same thing. Every time I upgrade, I have to change my cache prefix. If I don't, it will always say the site is being upgraded even though it's not. As soon as I change my cache prefix settings in library/config.php everything goes to working just fine.

In fact, I disable caching all together now during the upgrade and just change the prefixes before I enable it again.