• This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn more.

Not a bug xf 1.3 rc 1: Upgrade not possible (root /install not found)

Marcus

Well-known member
#1
After uploading files from beta 4 to rc 1 I can not access domain.com/install for upgrade.

php library/XenForo/Install/run-upgrade.php said the upgrade went fine. Then I see domain.com and it still shows me the message the board did not upgrade.

I do not let execute files as index.php being executed in numerous directories.

Solution: directly point to install/index.php?upgrade/
 
Last edited:

Marcus

Well-known member
#2
Actually it is an issue with my server as I do not give my server permissions to execute random files as index.php in /somedirectory/index.php

I updated my first post.

But a backup is always useful. Do you have daily backups? It's really important to have them and copy them also to another server so they survive a hdd crash.
 

Liam W

Well-known member
#3
Actually it is an issue with my server as I do not give my server permissions to execute random files as index.php in /somedirectory/index.php

I updated my first post.

But a backup is always useful. Do you have daily backups? It's really important to have them and copy them also to another server so they survive a hdd crash.
I think I've only backed up twice...
 

Marcus

Well-known member
#4
Actually I do think this could be regarded as a bug as the reported phrase was "/install is not a route", however xenforo used install as a route but instead it relied on the webserver to execute the index.php script. It could also be useful do directly point to the install or upgrade scripts.
 

Marcus

Well-known member
#5
And another issue: Why did the cli upgrader reported a complete upgrade, when after the complete upgrade my forum was still closed to the public forcing me to do a web upgrade? I would classify that also as a bug.
 

Mike

XenForo developer
Staff member
#7
If /install went to the parent directory, then that's down to your webserver configuration -- it should at least be considering that as a directory and taking the appropriate action. We do assume that index.php is a directory index though as that is a bog standard web server config.

If you're having problems with the CLI upgrader, I suggest you post in the install forum but we would need to see the entire output from when it was run.
 

Marcus

Well-known member
#8
The shell output of the upgrade are just like any successful shell upgrades. There are no error or other special messages.

There seems to he a bug as the cli told me it is completed while the web interface told otherwise.
 

RoldanLT

Well-known member
#9
The shell output of the upgrade are just like any successful shell upgrades. There are no error or other special messages.

There seems to he a bug as the cli told me it is completed while the web interface told otherwise.
Might be related to php caching.
 

mjda

Active member
#10
Might be related to php caching.
I believe this is exactly what it is because my site does the same thing. Every time I upgrade, I have to change my cache prefix. If I don't, it will always say the site is being upgraded even though it's not. As soon as I change my cache prefix settings in library/config.php everything goes to working just fine.

In fact, I disable caching all together now during the upgrade and just change the prefixes before I enable it again.