XF 1.2 to arrive here early June, beta release follows

Morgain

So, when are we going to see this all? Well, we're hoping to have 1.2 running here on XenForo.com in early June. The initial beta release will follow, based on how well the time on 1.2 goes. The final release of 1.2 would be wholly dependent on how the beta process goes.

Any new features and functionality will be posted here: http://xenforo.com/community/forums/have-you-seen/

eee which is the purpose of this thread?
I also ponder such things sometimes.

To reassure you and give you a timescale for your pending work on your own board/s.

Without this kind of information we are subject to 'planning blight.'
That is, we cannot go ahead confidently with changes.
IF 1.2 was going to arrive in 6 months or a year it would be worth making changes now and do more work after that period to check and redo it.
IF 1.2 arrives soon, then we would have to check and redo it any changes we do now within weeks or a couple of months. Ditto check and redo addons. Whether to install an addon is uncertain.
But knowing the timeframe we can make sensible decisions.

Yeah, no doubt there would have been many 1.2 "when will it be released threads" so this kind of consolidates this into one monthly payment plan . I mean thread. *damn commercials* That being said, I announce "create a related 1.2 thread day" *runs off to create a 1.2 related thread and in the process contradicts everything said in my post. :D

Jokery aside. Anybody know when 1.2 will be out? can't find any information at all regarding 1.2? Many thanks.

Jokery aside. Anybody know when 1.2 will be out? can't find any information at all regarding 1.2? Many thanks.

So, when are we going to see this all? Well, we're hoping to have 1.2 running here on XenForo.com in early June. The initial beta release will follow, based on how well the time on 1.2 goes. The final release of 1.2 would be wholly dependent on how the beta process goes.
Mike mentioned it in the editor HYS thread just today - hence this thread appearing :)

I guess my humour really fails.
Maybe one of those American/ Brit breakdowns. I find most American humour totally incomprehensible - like space aliens ;) and Ive seen how Americans find ours weirdly unfunny too.(There's a kind of slapstick common denominator which is international of course but that is very basic)
As for the Welsh it's invisible to both English and American, as intended.

Maybe one of those American/ Brit breakdowns. I find most American humour totally incomprehensible - like space aliens ;) and Ive seen how Americans find ours weirdly unfunny too.(There's a kind of slapstick common denominator which is international of course but that is very basic)
Shelley's a Brit :p

Reactions: HWS

Nah, I think it's more selective than a breakdown in humour. Let's say I told a joke? you would probably quote me to death rambling and trying to put words in my mouth. Now, lets say "The Brogan" posted a humorous post you would be foaming at the mouth really riding the LOL train and trying to get him to strip down and take his top off, hence the selectiveness. But that is okay, I'm not offended by your post, and I do like to add a lens flare reference every now and again but I think I am over using this as being funny but heck, lets brighten this thread with some Lens Flares.*Urges Sneaky Dave to post that blinding Lens flare from yesterday*.

That said, thanks for the lecture though it wasn't really required.

I thought the purpose of this thread would be to give not yet xenforo customers the chance to post something about 1.2.

To reassure you and give you a timescale for your pending work on your own board/s.

Without this kind of information we are subject to 'planning blight.'
That is, we cannot go ahead confidently with changes.
IF 1.2 was going to arrive in 6 months or a year it would be worth making changes now and do more work after that period to check and redo it.
IF 1.2 arrives soon, then we would have to check and redo it any changes we do now within weeks or a couple of months. Ditto check and redo addons. Whether to install an addon is uncertain.
But knowing the timeframe we can make sensible decisions.
Good Morgain, I agree completely. Apart from that, we're the only who will benefit if we report all the bugs and make nice suggestions

anyone know if 1.2 will have "big board" features like supporting a mysql master reader/writer with several mysql replicated slaves as readers?

Top Bottom