XF 1.1.0 Release Candidate

But during the upgrade process, it will go through interim versions.
When I upgrade from beta 3 to beta 5, it first went to beta 4 and then beta 5.
No it doesn't.

One set of files are uploaded and one upgrade procedure is performed.

Not sure I fully understand this one. Does this mean even in WYSIWYG putting in a youtube full url it'll embed?
I dunno. It's worth upgrading to find out. I like the auto embed link and vid function but I had to disable it because it would embed the link when quoted. If this is really fixed then it's worth the upgrade. Not every poster who views my site is able to see embedded video that's why it's important that the quoted link is not embedded.

Well, I'm quite impressed by the beta 5 but RC 1 is quite awesome. I'm wondering what's in store for the future. Will we see new, surprise features in gold? :)

Does anyone know what are the new features we'll see in next versions?

Does anyone know what are the new features we'll see in next versions?

Give the lads chance to have a coffee and some sleep ... then we'll pester the hell out of them for all the goodies that we didn't get in 1.1.0 ... :ROFLMAO:

In the meantime, we'll enjoy the smooth experience that is XF 1.1 ... ooohhhhh yeeeaaah!!! (y)

Cheers,
Shaun :D

I am surprise this version doesn't have any new feature :(
I was really expected at least news about the resource manger

I am surprise this version doesn't have any new feature :(
It's not normal practice to introduce so many new features during a beta phase, and definitely not when at RC stage.
The code has to be locked at some point.

I was really expected at least news about the resource manger
It has already been made clear several times that the Resource Manager will be available only here on XenForo.com initially and then as an add-on for customers later.

By gold I presume you mean the stable release?

No, the feature set is locked now so don't expect any new additions in 1.1.0.
How about that big board search add on? :) Kier should be feeling antsy about moving his site over now with all the 1.1 features....he's just waiting for his search addon from what I understand.

How about that big board search add on? :) Kier should be feeling antsy about moving his site over now with all the 1.1 features....he's just waiting for his search addon from what I understand.

I'm keen on this too, but understand the priority is getting 1.1 to stable - hopefully the big-board search will come shortly after ... we'll certainly benefit from it on CycleChat ... ;)

Is it me (am I doing something wrong) or do styles updated for 1.1 beta releases not work for RC1? I have tried two now and when uploading the xml I get an error message.

Please enter a valid file name. The requested file could not be read.

Is it me (am I doing something wrong) or do styles updated for 1.1 beta releases not work for RC1? I have tried two now and when uploading the xml I get an error message.
I haven't had any issue with any of the styles I've uploaded.

Top Bottom