1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

xexforo app

Discussion in 'XenForo Pre-Sales Questions' started by finfin, Mar 5, 2015.

1. finfin

finfin New Member

hi - I am looking for a forum to sell in an app, but I don't want to use tapatalk. Does xenforo have any mobile app modules or any suggestions?

2. Brogan

Brogan XenForo Moderator Staff Member

We don't have a first party app, there is just Tapatalk and Forumrunner which are both third party apps.

3. finfin

finfin New Member

any idea of an app making program that would link to my xen foro?

4. Brogan

What is the link to your XenForo forum?

5. finfin

finfin New Member

it is on advicegranny.com but is not yet running - I don't want to use tapatalk so am looking for some mobile app software that can make a native app and link it to xen foro.

6. RobParker

RobParker Well-Known Member

One of the XF staff is developing an independent app (i.e. not an official app) which might be of interest but there aren't too may details yet.

7. finfin

finfin New Member

I would be very interested.

8. RobParker

9. Brogan

Do you have a license as you aren't currently associated with one.

10. finfin

finfin New Member

No - I will get this if I can get a mobile app. Guess what, now the entire tapatalk forum is down. They have not answered my emails in weeks which is why I want to switch. I have contacted forum runner as well today.

11. Connor Smith

Connor Smith Active Member

You could enable the mobile version of the site if/when you get your license.

12. finfin

finfin New Member

I would switch if I knew what the mobile suite did. Can it be sold as a stand alone app at the App Store for just my forum?

13. RobParker

There currently isn't a mobile suite.

The official Xenforo approach to mobile is to make the site responsive to different browser sizes. Simply resize your web browser to see how it looks in "mobile" format.

This works really well for a lot of people but some people prefer an app. Slavik (a mod on here) is currently looking into developing an app (much like tapatalk or forumrunner) but it's still really preliminary and would not be anything official.

14. RDR

RDR Well-Known Member

Has anyone ever looked into phonegap.com to create a phone app for their xF website?

15. Tracy Perry

Tracy Perry Well-Known Member

So it sounds like you already have a copy of XenForo running? Sounds very much like a pirated copy - which I wouldn't trust since you don't know what other code is buried in there (exploits ring a bell).
    Not to mention it's not kosher coming on the XenForo site and asking for answers to questions and then implying you are running a pirated copy.