XenWord Pro [Deleted]

Hi

Developer accounts are for people who actually code and provide code feedback on the latest versions (thus the discounted price). Those licenses are not for end-users who simply want the script. If you want the lifetime without branding then that is available in the store.

If you can code then you would be able to extend one of the widgets available with XenWord or create your own widget. Currently the avatars are not part of the widget but could be included.

PHP:
echo get_avatar( get_current_user_id(), 28 );

Hi,

I can code a little bit, not much but with that piece of code adding avatars should be ok.
Can I install the addon on a test (password protected) subdomain?
With Xenword, are users redirected to the Xenforo login when they are on Wordpress or are we able to keep the Wordpress login page?
Can custom profile fields be synchronized?

Thanks

Hi,

I can code a little bit, not much but with that piece of code adding avatars should be ok.
Can I install the addon on a test (password protected) subdomain?
With Xenword, are users redirected to the Xenforo login when they are on Wordpress or are we able to keep the Wordpress login page?
Can custom profile fields be synchronized?

Thanks

Hi

There is a test version available on the xenword.com site. It has a 7 day license.

The login is redirected to XenForo and the XenForo user table is the master - not WordPress.

Custom profiles are not synchronized. XenForo is the master for user information and the profile is redirected to XenForo.

Thanks for getting back to me @LPH
1. Is it possible to customize your addon and add this custom profile fonctionality? I mean, would there be some limitation due to Xenword?

2. So, I can have the Xenforo login bar throughout my Wordpress site and users can login from there, correct? I am asking because I didn't see it working on your website.

Thanks

Last edited:
Thanks for getting back to me @LPH
1. Is it possible to customize your addon and add this custom profile fonctionality? I mean, would there be some limitation due to Xenword?

If someone has the skills the this might be possible. This is out of my reach at the moment.

2. So, I can have the Xenforo login bar throughout my Wordpress site and users can login from there, correct? I am asking because I didn't see it working on your website.

Thanks

Yes. This would be based on the WP theme and XF skin.

@LPH this looks pretty cool from what I've seen so far. It may or may not be the mod for me as I have some specific requirements.

I'd like to keep xenforo at the root where it is now and to install wordpress in a sub-folder.
I'd want the xenforo index route mapped to the wordpress index page.

Once bridged, would it allow my forum users to take part in an mTouchQuiz or does this not allow interaction with plugins?

Thanks for your advice.

Once bridged, would it allow my forum users to take part in an mTouchQuiz or does this not allow interaction with plugins?

Hi

I don't see why that wouldn't work. The option would be to have the XF users added to the WP database. This would give access to the WP plugin.

Just to be clear, does this mod automatically add users to the WP database? Does it automatically remove them should I delete an xF account and does it automatically register new users with WP once they register on xF?

this mod automatically add users to the WP database?

This is an option.

Does it automatically remove them should I delete an xF account

No. Sorry. It does not sync with the XF database.

does it automatically register new users with WP once they register on xF?

No. The creation of the WP user is when the user logs into the site and browses to the WP side. If they never go to the WP side then the account is not created.

Reactions: Rob
Wordpress 4.2.2
Xenforo 1.4.6

Brand new clean install. WP at /public_html, ....................... Xenforo at /public_html/community

Whenever I enable the plugin, the wordpress homepage and admin panel show nothing but a blank page. I have to rename the plugins folder plugins-off to be able to access my site or admin panel.

Also, your install instructions are incorrect "
extract the zip and upload all the files
from the contained xenword directory into your WordPress plugin directory (/wp-includes/plugins)"

The correct path is /wp-content/plugins

Doesnt help me at all. If I activate the plugin, my site immediately displays nothing but blank white pages. The forums display fine, but none of the wordpress pages display, including my admin panel.

If I rename the plugins folder to plugins-off , then reload my site, it displays correctly.

So I cant set absolute path because as soon as I hit "activate" my whole wordpress site goes to nothing but blank pages.

Ive done 3 clean installs of the entire site today and it hasnt worked once.

Doesnt help me at all.

Then please open a support ticket. I'm rarely here.

If I rename the plugins folder to plugins-off , then reload my site, it displays correctly.

Have you checked the error logs on the server to see what is happening? Don't worry -- open the support ticket and we can discuss things in greater detail.

Ive done 3 clean installs of the entire site today and it hasnt worked once.

It is probably something very simple. Once you open the support ticket then you can give more private details.

Hello, I have seen a minor problem with comments with nested quotes. Here's an example of what is going on right now:

On XenForo:
Screen Shot 2015-05-19 at 3.24.50 PM.webp

On Wordpress:
Screen Shot 2015-05-19 at 3.25.03 PM.webp

The quotes doesn't enclose the correct text in the wordpress screenshot. Any ideas how to fix this?

@JulianD

Please post this type of question in the XenWord forums so that issues are tracked. I'm at work and want to make sure this isn't lost. I generally cannot get to this site from work. Feel free to open a support ticket to give more information so we can figure out what is happening.

LPH updated XenWord with a new update entry:

Bug Fix; PHP 5.2 compatible

This is the last release of Adams (2.5 series) and serious work began on Jefferson (3.0 series). The developers have access to the latest build of 3.0.

( 83 ) Stable Release 2.5.1.06 - May 23, 2015
Loads on PHP 5.2 (three widgets, class-xenword)
Bug Fix: loading xenword.css properly

PHP 5.2 support is dropped in version 3.0 and above.

Read the rest of this update entry...

Hello @LPH ,

I am starting to work on a WP Multisite that will host the home pages for multiple Xen Foro installations. The WP Multisite and the Xen Foro sites will have different DBs.

Do you know if any issues that I should worry about if I am to use your plugin?

Very interesting indeed.
Got a question.

Im running a league which uses portal, multisite and have 2 forums - i can live with 1 forum though.
I´d like to have a simple front page - some pages and then the forum ofcause.

However if i get this plugin - will the forum then run "inside" wordpress - or will it be standalone with the forum design.
I have a lot of menu´s and links - but just have to re-arrange things to get it only as a forum.

Top Bottom