XenWord Pro [Deleted]

I have wordpress installed on www.charteredclub.com and Xenforo Forum installed on www.forum.charteredclub.com

User Accounts can only be created on the sub-domain and not on the main domain.

Can I display the details of logged in users of Xenforo on the Wordpress site as well.

I mean when a person browses through Xenforo and Wordpress site, he should be able to view that he is logged in.

User Accounts can only be created on the sub-domain and not on the main domain.

Correct. XenForo takes over all registration tasks.

Can I display the details of logged in users of Xenforo on the Wordpress site as well.

I mean when a person browses through Xenforo and Wordpress site, he should be able to view that he is logged in.

There are widgets that might be helpful. Have you looked at them ?

sorry if somebody already answered this or if I didn't read the Overview good enough, but I have these questions:

1. If I post on Wordpress and the XenForo thread is created and afterwards I change the title or text of the Wordpress post: is the xenforo-thread updated too?
2. If I change the status of the wordpress post to "invisible", does the xenforo-thread get hidden too? Same with delete?
3. How well do media embeds work vice versa? I see some ":xyz:" on tuxreports, and the images do not show up in your forums...

Last edited:
sorry if somebody already answered this or if I didn't read the Overview good enough, but I have these questions:

1. If I post on Wordpress and the XenForo thread is created and afterwards I change the title or text of the Wordpress post: is the xenforo-thread updated too?
2. If I change the status of the wordpress post to "invisible", does the xenforo-thread get hidden too? Same with delete?
3. How well do media embeds work vice versa? I see some ":xyz:" on tuxreports, and the images do not show up in your forums...

It's been a long week. :(

1. Oo. I'm not sure. I've never tried. Let me see what happens.
2. No. These are two separate databases.
3. Nope. This is truly up to the styling of both sides. The smilies would need to be on both sides, etc.

ouch.
So I guess I don't have to ask about the "publish later" function of WP and if the Xenforo Thread is created automatically at the same point of time?

ouch.
So I guess I don't have to ask about the "publish later" function of WP and if the Xenforo Thread is created automatically at the same point of time?

The WordPress cron job for scheduled posts fails to run the function to create a XenForo thread. I've worked on that feature for years -- scheduled posts simply fails. Updating the thread after publishing does work - but that's a nuisance.

LPH updated XenWord with a new update entry:

Bug Fixes and Room For Future Features

This new version fixes some issues with thread posting, includes new database IDs, and a CSS file to help with login/logout widgets, etc.

(70) Stable 2.4.3.03

Bug Fix: Commented out var_dump on line 108 of class-xenword-comments.php

(69) Release Candidate 2.4.3.02

Change Code: toolbar likes hyphen versus underscore
New Function: xenword_load_xenword_css()
New Database Fields: resource_id and resource_category_id created in class-xenword-activator.php
New Methods: getResourceIdForPost()...

Read the rest of this update entry...

and another thing that i inserted a path to the xenword setting and now i cant log in in wordpress site. it says login is ok, redirecting but no login is done.

Hi. My wordpress site is about 500 registered users. After installing your plugin, they will be also the users of the forum? Or need to do some special export?

Hello, need to install it on the production site now. To be sure that if anything goes wrong I can go back, is it sufficient to make a backup of WordPress database? Or should I backup also WordPress files and xenforo things?

Hello,
Does anyone know how well this add-on / software, behaves with Xenforo and SEO?
Does this improve the SEO?

I currently also use the CTA Featured Threads and am wondering if it would have a detrimental effect with this too?
I have no idea how to bridge and am also wondering about theme integration?

So... if you have it, and use it, has your SEO and page search / results improved?
Did traffic improve?
I am struggling to get the SEO right for Xenforo, so this is my main reason for purchasing, if I did..
I hope someone can help with some of these questions I have.
Many thanks

Hello, need to install it on the production site now. To be sure that if anything goes wrong I can go back, is it sufficient to make a backup of WordPress database? Or should I backup also WordPress files and xenforo things?

Yes. Always backup the databases before doing any upgrade or installation of XenWord.

Hi. My wordpress site is about 500 registered users. After installing your plugin, they will be also the users of the forum? Or need to do some special export?

Hi, XenWord relies on the XenForo database. There is an add-on that moves the users from WordPress to XenForo but XenWord does not have that feature yet.

Hello,
Does anyone know how well this add-on / software, behaves with Xenforo and SEO?
Does this improve the SEO?

I currently also use the CTA Featured Threads and am wondering if it would have a detrimental effect with this too?
I have no idea how to bridge and am also wondering about theme integration?

So... if you have it, and use it, has your SEO and page search / results improved?
Did traffic improve?
I am struggling to get the SEO right for Xenforo, so this is my main reason for purchasing, if I did..
I hope someone can help with some of these questions I have.
Many thanks

Hello,

first sorry my english is not the best. all what i can tell you, that the bridge works perfect. all my sites from wordpress are in the top ten from google. the sites from wordpress are all better ranked as my xenforo sites.

i have bought here so many addons and all was crap (jaxels portal, article-system and and). now with wordpress for the articles and with xenforo as commentforum our site is running so hard, that we must rent a second server.

my new site was startet on 1.2.2015 and we have now over 45k visitors every day. ask lph he has seen, what goes up on our site and this in a very short time :) our forum we use only as commentforum - the most users dont use it, the most users read the articles and then they jump away.

lph gives really good support and the quality of the bridge is really good. it was the best thing what i have bought. wordpress with a good theme and xenforo....is really good.

i will switch all my other sites in the next weeks to this combination - wordpress+xenforo without any other addons.........

i hope this infos will help you. and again sorry for my bad english.

Last edited:
Top Bottom