xenStyles closes it's doors.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Carlos

Thanks, Internet Brands! :mad:

So, I go to xenStyles to find out how to do a particular thing.... only to find out xenStyles closed it's doors.

Here's what the master said:
Dear friends and customers,

As of today, 11/12/12, xenStyles has closed it's doors permanently. If you are a client and require assistance with an active license, you may send an email to support [at] xenstyles.com detailing your request and we will respond within 24 hours. If you have an expired license please be aware that we will no longer be offering renewals nor do we support expired licenses.

I want to thank each and everyone of my many clients and friends for your kind support of xenStyles! It has been my pleasure serving you these many months. I'm saddened that I have been forced to close up shop. It has come about due to the lingering uncertainty surrounding XF's future and the utter lack of interest on the part of the XF owners...this has had a devastating, and ultimately fatal, affect on my business. There is no reason for this other than that.

I am porting all of my XF designs and the framework to IPB. I invite and welcome you all to come see them in action in the coming weeks at www.razorthemes.com/community.

My sincere thanks again, and best wishes to you all!
John Simpson
If Internet Brands wins this lawsuit, I'm going to take a drastic action. I'm tired of this garbage!

The nice thing about a business like that is that there is basically no overhead except for server costs which can be readily scaled down to match the size of your business. They should scale down, unless of course their sales have declined to zero which I assume is the case since they closed shop completely.

The nice thing about a business like that is that there is basically no overhead except for server costs which can be readily scaled down to match the size of your business. They should scale down, unless of course their sales have declined to zero which I assume is the case since they closed shop completely.

What a nice farewell... :rolleyes:

You'll see more and more people loosing hope. There is no good in sending disrespectful words after them.

I tried to post this in the other thread, but it was closed before I had a chance. Since I have been an active supporter here since before day 1, I think I should respond (although I had no intentions of discussing my business decisions here until I saw the other thread):

They should scale down, unless of course their sales have declined to zero which I assume is the case since they closed shop completely.

Yes, sales pretty much ceased over the last few months but this has been an ongoing trend (for me at least) since this past spring. I could have kept it open but I would rather focus my efforts on a thriving platform with a future. ;)

I just bought 3 skins, and this means I lost around 65 dollars.

You're not out anything. You have three world-class skins that work on the current version of XF and a means to support as long as your licenses are active...unlike some, I've not abandoned my customers. :)

I tried to post this in the other thread, but it was closed before I had a chance. Since I have been an active supporter here since before day 1, I think I should respond (although I had no intentions of discussing my business decisions here until I saw the other thread):

Yes, sales pretty much ceased over the last few months but this has been an ongoing trend (for me at least) since this past spring. I could have kept it open but I would rather focus my efforts on a thriving platform with a future. ;)

You're not out anything. You have three world-class skins that work on the current version of XF and a means to support as long as your licenses are active...unlike some, I've not abandoned my customers. :)

I can certainly vouch for john in that he supports his customers and takes very good care of them as he's done for many years through many platforms.

Uh huh, and what if xenForo has a new version and you have to modify it to suit? What then?

I'd like to show empathy and wish John the best of luck, but most likely my post will be deleted.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom