1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

xenStyles closes it's doors.

Discussion in 'Off Topic' started by Carlos, Nov 14, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Carlos

Carlos Well-Known Member

Thanks, Internet Brands! :mad:

So, I go to xenStyles to find out how to do a particular thing.... only to find out xenStyles closed it's doors.

Here's what the master said:
    If Internet Brands wins this lawsuit, I'm going to take a drastic action. I'm tired of this garbage!

Shamil likes this.
  2. Jake Bunce

Jake Bunce XenForo Moderator Staff Member

The nice thing about a business like that is that there is basically no overhead except for server costs which can be readily scaled down to match the size of your business. They should scale down, unless of course their sales have declined to zero which I assume is the case since they closed shop completely.

Sage Knight, 0xym0r0n and DBA like this.
  3. Carlos

Carlos Well-Known Member

I just bought 3 skins, and this means I lost around 65 dollars. #@^& you iB!

4. HWS

HWS Well-Known Member

What a nice farewell... :rolleyes:

You'll see more and more people loosing hope. There is no good in sending disrespectful words after them.

5. John

John Well-Known Member

I tried to post this in the other thread, but it was closed before I had a chance. Since I have been an active supporter here since before day 1, I think I should respond (although I had no intentions of discussing my business decisions here until I saw the other thread):

Yes, sales pretty much ceased over the last few months but this has been an ongoing trend (for me at least) since this past spring. I could have kept it open but I would rather focus my efforts on a thriving platform with a future. ;)

You're not out anything. You have three world-class skins that work on the current version of XF and a means to support as long as your licenses are active...unlike some, I've not abandoned my customers. :)

JVCode, Kim, KevinL and 5 others like this.
  6. Shelley

Shelley Well-Known Member

I can certainly vouch for john in that he supports his customers and takes very good care of them as he's done for many years through many platforms.

Steve F, Alien, John and 1 other person like this.
  7. Carlos

Carlos Well-Known Member

Uh huh, and what if xenForo has a new version and you have to modify it to suit? What then?

SneakyDave likes this.
  8. vVv

vVv Guest

i knew shelley wouldn't be too far behind lol. xD :p

9. TheRevTastic

TheRevTastic Well-Known Member

By that time, your license for the skins will most likely be expired.

Peggy likes this.
  10. Digital Doctor

Digital Doctor Well-Known Member

John thinks you don't have to worry.
    Note: My Dark Ages thread got deleted :( That's like deleting Hope. /ouch !

Shelley likes this.
  11. John

John Well-Known Member

We will cross that bridge if and when we get to it. ;)

alexD, Carlos and Digital Doctor like this.
  12. Carlos

Carlos Well-Known Member

I am at ease because this lady says so! :)

13. Brad L

Brad L Well-Known Member

I'd like to show empathy and wish John the best of luck, but most likely my post will be deleted.

14. John

John Well-Known Member

I think all about this that needs to be said has been said. I do not wish for my personal decisions to be the cause of any unrest here. I wish you all the best and thanks for all the fish. :)

ShadyX, Steve F, Lisa and 4 others like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.