XenSeo/vBSEO

Bram

The only thing that is keeping my back from purchasing xenforo is that we no longer can use our beloved vbseo.

It really added so much to our site that i am scared to give it up as migrating will most likely kill our backlinks we've build in the last years.

Will xenforo have a url system that equals vbseo?

... get the rewrite rules off vBSEO that will redirect your vBSEO to default vBulletin URLs, then use the URL convertor script kier released here: http://xenforo.com/community/threads/redirection-scripts-for-vbulletin-3-x.5030/
Thanks. How does one "get the rewrite rules off vBSEO that will redirect your vBSEO to default vBulletin URLs..."?
That's the crux of my question.
Thanks for reiterating the link to Kier's script.
Also if you or anyone would care to comment... by the look of the default XF links, they are plenty SEO-friendly, so it seems that what is needed to avoid Search Engine 404s, the old vBSEO links still in the Search Engines need to have 301's pointing to the new links for a given post that have been gen'd by XF.
If that is correct, does Kier's script handle that or does some other method need to be used?
Thanks

The only thing that is keeping my back from purchasing xenforo is that we no longer can use our beloved vbseo.

It really added so much to our site that i am scared to give it up as migrating will most likely kill our backlinks we've build in the last years.

Will xenforo have a url system that equals vbseo?

You should be happy. Sell the vbseo license and use it for another XF license.

vBSEO's time ended when vB4 came out. I can't see them making anything for XF. I know Kier and Mike will make something better than vBSEO, and so far I like how they have done it SEO wise.

vBSEO is a waste of $, when XF can have the same options built in.

And it's only a matter of time, before someone creates a mod for a sitemap!

You should be happy. Sell the vbseo license and use it for another XF license.

vBSEO's time ended when vB4 came out. I can't see them making anything for XF. I know Kier and Mike will make something better than vBSEO, and so far I like how they have done it SEO wise.

vBSEO is a waste of $, when XF can have the same options built in.

And it's only a matter of time, before someone creates a mod for a sitemap!

You couldn't be more wrong. There's a huge difference between a simple SEO rewrite (thet XenForo and vB4 have) and a full blown SEO package covering everything from alt tags, to rewrites to redirecting incorrect URLs. The number of options in XenForo/vB4 doesnt even come close to the power of vbSEO.

I'm not speaking out my ass here. The site in my sig is a prime example. We installed vBSEO in June of this year (the community has run since 2002 with standard vB URL's) and our traffic increased by 60%. We're ranked amazingly well in search engines because of it.

It would be ignorant to rule out vbSEO's features as being required for a modern day system.

I'm not speaking out my ass here. The site in my sig is a prime example. We installed vBSEO in June of this year (the community has run since 2002 with standard vB URL's) and our traffic increased by 60%. We're ranked amazingly well in search engines because of it.

I had exactly the same happen to my forums, 4 years they had been running without much success. I installed Vbseo and my traffic just kept growing at a great rate. :)

Top Bottom