XF 1.4 Xenporta RawHyperText2 Styling

TheSalt

Hello Gang,

I tried asking this in the xenporta thread. I deleted my question there and made this thread in hope that someone could help me because no one was getting back to me. I think it might really just be a basic styling css.

I'm trying to add a background box with rounded corners and so on to the block "RawHyperText2" but I'm not any good with writing code. Can someone please help me with what I have below, I'm not sure what to surround it with or exactly where to place it.

Many Thanks,
Nick

Code:
background: #effffe;
padding:10px;
border-radius: 3px;
box-shadow: rgba(0,0,0,0.5) 0px 1px 5px;

Well you will still be yelled at for not posting in the thread only. In which is a place you are unlikely to get support.

This is pretty basic stuff. Use the object inspector in your favorite browser to find the class of that block. Then wrap your css in .classname { } and just shove it in the extra.css of your theme. Since I am pretty sure the css part of the blocks doesn't do anything.

Well you will still be yelled at for not posting in the thread only. In which is a place you are unlikely to get support.

This is pretty basic stuff. Use the object inspector in your favorite browser to find the class of that block. Then wrap your css in .classname { } and just shove it in the extra.css of your theme. Since I am pretty sure the css part of the blocks doesn't do anything.
Thank you! I didnt know I could find it that way. It was a little difficult as I was looking for something like .rawhypertext but I was able to control it by
Code:
.sidebar.topRightBlocks

Yeah the only issue with that is it effects all top right blocks. I looked and sure enough there is nothing there to control. What I would do in the future if you need to is in the html part of the block add a div with a class name and use that class name. Between that and the object inspector, you are well on your way to doing customization!

Yeah the only issue with that is it effects all top right blocks. I looked and sure enough there is nothing there to control. What I would do in the future if you need to is in the html part of the block add a div with a class name and use that class name. Between that and the object inspector, you are well on your way to doing customization!
Yes, I noticed that at fist as I had the slide images in the area. It also filled with the background color. I moved that block down one and that fixed the problem for now. I wish I had an understanding of code but I'm currently forced to find what I need and hope it works. I know this can cause other problems but it's all I have to work with at this point. I really appreciate your notes and pointers, they help a great deal.

Thinking about it now there is probably a much better way to accomplish my goal. I have a notice that shows up for unregistered guests that I was trying to avoid being displayed in the "about us" page. What I did was restrict the notice to forums only. I then added the same message in a block that is restricted to unregistered guests on the home page. This was probably way overkill plus you don't get the notice when in the forum list. :( I should really just look into some code that keeps the notice from being displayed in the "about us" page. This is what happens when i try to figure a problem on no sleep...

Happy Holidays!
Nick
Reef Peeps

Top Bottom