xenMiG Portal [Deleted]

Can you show us more about the news article management?
At the moment there is "only" a news teaser management. A real news article management is work in progress at the moment and will follow. A stand alone article management with valuations is planned later.

How are the thumbnails managed (can the size be changed easily) ?
At the moment there is no management of the thumbnails, but it is on the list for version 1.2. In version 1.2 we try to implement a lot of more options for the news ions like crop and something like this.

can we get a list of the 40 odd widget renderers being created?
Examples: Slider, Clock & Calandar, Contdown, Donations, eBay, Amazon, Opening Hours, Twitter, Facebook, Polls, Important Threads, Tag Cluod, RSS and Widgets for the XenForo Media Gallery, sonnB Gallery, Showcase ...

any integration between any 3rd party products? For example CTA featured threads, Showcase etc?
At the moment only as widgets.

How much is branding free?
99,-€ for one add-on and one domain, later 149,- for a all add-ons and one domain

how complex can the layouts get?
For example: xp10.webp

Or please take a look into the video posted earlier
https://xenforo.com/community/threads/xenmig-portal.95006/#post-913448

Use the option in the Grid widget. It starts with 6-6. Try to enter 2-2-2-2-2-2-12-6-3-3-2-4-3-3. You only need re remember that every line has 12 parts for a perfect fit. Also you can put Grids into Grids
grid_in_grid.webp grid_in_grid2.webp

ideally a magazine layout would be nice to see what can be done with this addon.
Do you have a definite vision of what you like to do?

Resource Manager?
Not yet ;)

Last edited:
At the moment there is "only" a news teaser management. A real news article management is work in progress at the moment and will follow. A stand alone article management with valuations is planned later.
so you are saying the news article management will not be part of this addon but a separate addon, which we have to purchase separately?

I hope to find the right words, because I'm not a native speaker ;)

You will be able to create independent content in the portal soon. This content, on one or more pages, will be displayed as a part of the portal with likes, comments and something like this. And yes, you will be able to call it news articles. The stand alone add-on is more oriented for something like game-, movie-, whatever previews, reviews, test ... including valuations for the author and/or the members.

Is this a better explanation?

Any plans to allow use of [BD] Widget Framework renderers to be able to be used with this portal?

It is not possible to use the [BD] Widget Framework renderers. They are based on a different technique. But...... :)
There will be an instruction, to build your own widgets. Therefore there is also an example widget, which you can use to rebuild your renderer as a XenMiG widget.

Can this be limited to only work on specified styles? This would be the easiest way for me to configure whilst keeping it hidden until its ready.

Can this be limited to only work on specified styles? This would be the easiest way for me to configure whilst keeping it hidden until its ready.
Maybe you take this way.
Go to your Code Event Listeners and deactivate the navtab of this addon.
Than you can style the portal in the ACP and call the page in the frontend with this link -> xxxxx/xenforo/index.php?portal/

mig35.webp

I'm very sorry but we have a very small problem at the moment. We lost our "Save"-button. All widgets only offer the "Cancel/Close"-button at the moment. We are working on it. :cry:

OK ... Button ist signed as "Closed" but it is the "OK"-Button ;)

Last edited:
I regocnized, it's OK to click beneath the Layer to close it. The Settings are still set when you hit the save button for the layout.

Alluidh updated xenMiG Portal with a new update entry:

Version Beta 1.0.0.4 of the xenMiG Portal

Please delete the pureHTML and pureText folders from
\library\XenMiGPortal\widgets
They are old developer versions. The correct versions are
PureHTML and PureText

Whats news?

Fixed some bugs
Reworked the News Control Panel
News from external targets as links
A lot of small improvements
Speed up the code