Xenith

Xenith 1.5.22.0

No permission to download
@Mike Creuzer
The avatars with Xenith theme are not resizing. Members uploading big avatars and shows up ugly. See gif below. Default xenforo vs xenith style
View attachment 112286

Can you suggest a quick fix please :(

@Sheldon
Can you suggest a solution?
This is by design. Some niches in forums like this style :P.

You can easily turn it off by going to UI.X Threads and Posts and setting postbit avatar size to be medium or small.

Reactions: vij
Found 2 bugs(I think) on mobile(android )
1. In the discussion list view, the "Forum" link that is just above the forum nodes is not clickable. Same thing when inside a discussion.
2. In the discussion list view when you click on search, the logo disappears and the search sits in its place with one text field.

Found 2 bugs(I think) on mobile(android )
1. In the discussion list view, the "Forum" link that is just above the forum nodes is not clickable. Same thing when inside a discussion.
2. In the discussion list view when you click on search, the logo disappears and the search sits in its place with one text field.
For point 1 I dont think I understand.

For point 2, that is designed behavior, its supposed to look pretty! :) You can disable it by going to minimal search in UI.X Search and setting viewport to enable minimal search to 0.

One thing I have noticed on mobile, not sure if latest release fixes or not....

The "font" logo, say... TattooHQ.

At times, when hitting the page, it will show exactly that, "TATTOOHQ", then a refresh, it shows "TATTOOH..." then a refresh, it may or may not change, rinse repeat.

I am sure it has something to do with the width, font-size, etc... but cannot figure out why it does that even on XFU. Sometimes, it will show "XF..." , others, the full "XFU". Has this issue been noticed by anyone else, or am I the only one? Has this issue been addressed?

Mobile using was a Samsung S5, Chrome browser.
I can replicate it. The only thing is that Id rather it ... than overflow on top of the other links. The text will not resize itself, not really something you can do easily in css (need javascript run on resize), and we probably wont add that into the core.

So what you can do is just make your font a bit smaller. Something along the lines of:

Code:
@media (max-width: @maxResponsiveNarrowWidth) {
     .uix_textLogo {font-size: 20px;}
}

For point 1 I dont think I understand.
There are only two links named Forum. One on the nav menu and one above the forum nodes. The one above the forum nodes was not clickable when I had the navigation sub link ( the one with the new posts bar) on and the search on the navigation. This happened in discussion list view. However when I moved the search position to breadcrumbs its all ok.
For point 2, that is designed behavior, its supposed to look pretty! :) You can disable it by going to minimal search in UI.X Search and setting viewport to enable minimal search to 0.
Again the logo did not disappear when I moved search to breadcrumbs.

There are only two links named Forum. One on the nav menu and one above the forum nodes. The one above the forum nodes was not clickable when I had the navigation sub link ( the one with the new posts bar) on and the search on the navigation. However when I moved the search position to breadcrumbs and its now ok.

Again the logo did not disappear when I moved search to breadcrumbs.
The logo did not hide because the search was not on the same line. I think this is still designed activity.

As for the link one, do you have a demo per chance? Just want to see if its a bug.

Yeah, thats a XenForo style property. All of ours are prefixed with uix_ or xenith_ . No worries bud.
Upgraded to xf 1.4.9 and still have the same issue.
Appears to come from xenith.css;
Code:
.xengalleryContainer {
    margin-left: -{xen:calc '{xen:property categorySidebar.width} + @uix_gutterWidth'}px;
}

.xengalleryContainer .insideContainer {
    margin-left: {xen:calc '{xen:property categorySidebar.width} + @uix_gutterWidth'}px;

I don't have XenGallery installed/licensed, if that's what it's referring to?

Upgraded to xf 1.4.9 and still have the same issue.
Appears to come from xenith.css;
Code:
.xengalleryContainer {
    margin-left: -{xen:calc '{xen:property categorySidebar.width} + @uix_gutterWidth'}px;
}

margin-left: {xen:calc '{xen:property categorySidebar.width} + @uix_gutterWidth'}px;

I don't have XenGallery installed/licensed, if that's what it's referring to?
Hmm. How strange.

Can you replace those two lines with:

Code:
<xen:if is="@categorySidebar.width">
.xengalleryContainer {
    margin-left: -{xen:calc '@categorySidebar.width + @uix_gutterWidth'}px;
}

margin-left: {xen:calc '@categorySidebar.width + @uix_gutterWidth'}px;
}
</xen:if>
And tell me if that fixes it?

And tell me if that fixes it?
No.
Code:
The following error occurred:

The following templates contained errors and were not saved: xenith.css: 1)    xenith.css - Line 1417: Invalid condition expression
Wrapping it in <xen:comment> does though :)

No.
Code:
The following error occurred:

The following templates contained errors and were not saved: xenith.css: 1)    xenith.css - Line 1417: Invalid condition expression
Wrapping it in <xen:comment> does though :)
Well yes but the idea would be so you dont have to make any edits, I need to figure out why that wont work for your install. Hmm. If you could give me login details Ill take a peek and see whats wrong.

My site is showing the large 'welcome' background when a user is logged on, but only the thin background (behind nav) for a visitor. It should be the other way around. Where do I adjust this?

I can replicate it. The only thing is that Id rather it ... than overflow on top of the other links. The text will not resize itself, not really something you can do easily in css (need javascript run on resize), and we probably wont add that into the core.

So what you can do is just make your font a bit smaller. Something along the lines of:

Code:
@media (max-width: @maxResponsiveNarrowWidth) {
     .uix_textLogo {font-size: 20px;}
}

I understand making the font smaller. I don't see that as the solution to what I am trying to explain. I realize the text logo I have chosen is much wider than "XFU", and can see how the links would get smashed together and then seeing "...." (which is about sane as the one extra letter always missing).

Shouldn't there be a max-width allowed before showing that? It doesn't make sense that the theme would resize "XFU" to "XF...." (as seen with the attached images).

Screenshot_2015-07-26-09-42-07.webp Screenshot_2015-07-26-09-42-00.webp

Again, I can understand with "TATTOOHQ" going to "TATTOOH..." somewhat, but not a 3 letter or 4 letter one.

Browsing as a guest, there is so much room that could be used to again, use that"U" instead of "....".

That's all I was suggesting. I had already changed the font-size on mine, as it always pushed the visitor links down a line. So made it smaller to appear correctly, then I continued to run into the letter distance issue.

Top Bottom