Xenith

Xenith 1.5.22.0

No permission to download
This looks amazing. Well done Mike and the Audentio team!

If someone were migrating from UI.X, would they find this similar on the backend – making this essentially a custom version of UI.X? I've grown accustomed to the flexibility of UI.X.

If I'm not mistaken it uses UI.X framework so the backend should be the same or similar as all of the UI.X features may not work. Don't know that for sure but if there are any differences it would be due to that. So if you are used to UI.X this should be easy for you to use as well.

Ok, changing page style to default makes it work like I want but I'm still getting strange behavior trying to make the header the correct height for the logo:

5ds0RIr.png

Page style: default, logo set to float left, header tab height 60px, so far so good

Scroll down to get the sticky menu:
fkHhgW4.png

But it's compacting the menu unnecessarily

Change the header tab height back to default:
UYDcGvG.png

And now the sticky nav works correctly now:
fDbjAik.png

But of course the main logo doesn't have enough height again.

I think I can make it work by playing with element heights but I think setting the Height of Header Logo setting should do this for me.

Also, you should consider a dark version. Took a bit of fiddling with the palette but it looks really nice (y)
XenForo's responsive menu, which is what we use in all our themes, is a bit buggy. Its very picky about element spacing, heights, random margins and such. So it collapsing like that is just its way of saying it needs an ideal situation and either more padding or height or something somewhere.

You could try increasing the height of the sticky navigation and see if that helps. That should be under UI.X Navigation

As for a dark version, I believe one of our team members @Jake B. will be handling this :)

This looks amazing. Well done Mike and the Audentio team!

If someone were migrating from UI.X, would they find this similar on the backend – making this essentially a custom version of UI.X? I've grown accustomed to the flexibility of UI.X.

Thank you very much!

Yes it runs the same framework, so everything UI.X can do so can Xenith. The only time this isn't true is if one the inherit design concepts we used for Xenith conflicts. To my knowledge there are none.

ETA @Ernest L. Defoe beat me to it :D

@Mike Creuzer I had a suggestion for the XFMG Styling. The first part is copied from the resources. It helps to let the gallery look more like the resources, especially the main container. Maybe you will take a look ..
Code:
/***** SPECIAL MEDIA GALLERY SETTINGS *****/
#content[class^="xengallery_"] .mainContainer .mainContent,
#content[class^="xengallery_"] .mainContainer_noSidebar {
    padding: 0;
    border: none;
    -webkit-box-shadow: none;
    -moz-box-shadow: none;
    -khtml-box-shadow: none;
    box-shadow: none;
    background: none;
}
.xengalleryContainer .insideContainer {
    background-color: #fff;
    padding: 25px;
}

Before:
Bildschirmfoto 2015-07-08 um 20.12.28.webp

After:
Bildschirmfoto 2015-07-08 um 20.12.04.webp

Very interesting theme. I noticed the back to top and to bottom buttons are broken in Chrome. It doesn't really go to where I would expect it would. Going to have to shoot you a PM :)

Is UIX a preresquite for this skin?

As @Ernest L. Defoe mentioned, it is not a prerequisite. The add-on is, but the add-on is free to download.

@Mike Creuzer
Purchased. How can I change the image in the Welcome Block?

Also, is there any detailed tutorial you have about UI.x framework?

We are working on finishing up a few things but you can get fundamentals here: UI.X | Audentio Design

This is done in [Xenith] SettingsScreen Shot 2015-07-13 at 12.22.25 PM.webp

Very interesting theme. I noticed the back to top and to bottom buttons are broken in Chrome. It doesn't really go to where I would expect it would. Going to have to shoot you a PM :)

What specifically? We made it so you can jump to top/bottom of any div (#content, for example)

What specifically? We made it so you can jump to top/bottom of any div (#content, for example)
Ahh, I didn't realize that. I noticed it wasn't going back to the top of the page and if you clicked it multiple times it would do some funky movements.

Ahh, I didn't realize that. I noticed it wasn't going back to the top of the page and if you clicked it multiple times it would do some funky movements.
Probably jumping to the top of #content I think we made that the default. It can be changed with a style property.

We added a few features to the framework, then 1.5 was released. We are still planning on doing the update, but it might need until Monday. Sunday if I can make it.
Great. Thanks, happy to wait until it's ready, just like to know when that is likely to be :)

@Mike Creuzer
I have a problem when the navigation tabs (new posts) is displayed. Things are fine when they are under drop down.
Here is the video I made
To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

What do you think?

PS: Just to demonstrate. Will be removed.

Last edited:
@mcatze
Silly me. Edited. Hope you can see now...

You can't have this kind of bug in a publicly released paid style. Its ok for people who have other styles to rely on, but for those who rely on this purchase - its a problem.

Last edited:
Found another bug, on mobile layout (I've tested this with an iPhone 4 and 5) the toolbar for the text editor overlaps the input field until selected.

Once the input field is selected it fixes itself, so not a big deal, but it looks weird at first:

mCZfXxM.png

@Mike Creuzer
If it's simple and if the update is days away still, could you pl tell me how to solve the bug I demonstrated in the video, it's driving me nuts.

@mcatze
Silly me. Edited. Hope you can see now...

You can't have this kind of bug in a publicly released paid style. Its ok for people who have other styles to rely on, but for those who rely on this purchase - its a problem.

Well, I dont think anyone else is having this bug. It seems like you customized this theme very heavily and may have changed an incorrect value of CSS. Create a ticket at audentio.com with a URL and Ill fix it for you I guess. But no its not a bug in this theme, so no its NOT a problem.

Found another bug, on mobile layout (I've tested this with an iPhone 4 and 5) the toolbar for the text editor overlaps the input field until selected.

Once the input field is selected it fixes itself, so not a big deal, but it looks weird at first:

mCZfXxM.png

Got this fixed for the next release.

@Mike Creuzer
If it's simple and if the update is days away still, could you pl tell me how to solve the bug I demonstrated in the video, it's driving me nuts.

The update will not fix your bug because I dont think, or at least currently have no reason to believe, its a bug in the theme.

Top Bottom