• This forum has been archived. New threads and replies may not be made. All add-ons/resources that are active should be migrated to the Resource Manager. See this thread for more information.

[Xenique Premium] Halloween 2011 - for 1.0.4

... It would be missing any 1.1 feature (Ignore, Warn, Notices, Permalink etc). ...
Those features seem to work fine out-of-the-box on 1.1 -- what is not working out of the box is a bunch of missing graphics because of 1.1 using sprite sheets now instead of direct graphics. The biggest thing to get it working with 1.1 would be to either create sheets with the updated graphics or to go through and change the new sprite definitions back to the old file names.

Reactions: Kim
Those features seem to work fine out-of-the-box on 1.1 -- what is not working out of the box is a bunch of missing graphics because of 1.1 using sprite sheets now instead of direct graphics. The biggest thing to get it working with 1.1 would be to either create sheets with the updated graphics or to go through and change the new sprite definitions back to the old file names.

Interesting, I haven't tested it yet, might do so today if I get some time... thanks for the feedback Kevin.

They work fine out of the box, however they are partially broken in places.

To answer my own question.... :giggle: There are some subtle differences between the 1.0.4 and 1.1.0 templates that will require some tweaking to convert it over with the 1.1 beta besides just the graphics. If you have already played around with the XF templates & style system you should be able to knock it out in a night.

For some Halloween fun I have the 1.0.4 version up & running over at XF Arcade and I have a 1.1 beta version up & running over at CinVin. I think I have the 1.1 version matching the original version now. The 1.1 version is strictly my own little experiment to help get me more familiar with XF styling and is not supported nor available from Xenique in anyway whatsoever.

For those wondering about the logo, when you make your purchase and download the zip file there is a .psd file of the logo include. Takes just a few seconds to load it up in PhotoShop, change the text, and save it back out again as .png file to use on your site.

If you haven't played around with the demo over on the Xenique site, you'll be pleasantly surprised to also see that Kim & crew have included a new default avatar to match the style along with matching icons for the page & link nodes. For those who like to play around with the templates & CSS you will also be happy to find that nearly all of the custom changes have had a "xenique" comment added to the code so you can quickly spot them. (y)

Man I wish I needed this for more than just a month a year. I can't justify the cost for the usage I'd get. But man is this a great looking theme!

Man I wish I needed this for more than just a month a year. I can't justify the cost for the usage I'd get. But man is this a great looking theme!
Theres going to be a non-Halloween style that will be easy to change to fit other purposes, that will probably be done after the Halloween season.

All of Kims seasonal styles come with a Seasonal purpose, and a general purpose style.

For some Halloween fun I have the 1.0.4 version up & running over at XF Arcade and I have a 1.1 beta version up & running over at CinVin. I think I have the 1.1 version matching the original version now. The 1.1 version is strictly my own little experiment to help get me more familiar with XF styling and is not supported nor available from Xenique in anyway whatsoever.

Nice Work Kevin, you have done a great job! :D

Just to clarify, the theme WILL be usable for the whole year, I will be converting it to a regular use theme post Halloween :)

Thanks for the nice comment though :)

Kim, can you create a similar Style, but with Party/Club look? It cant be really hard to do it, a new Backround Image, new Status Icons, maybe dark blue Colour ... then i will buy it for sure. :)

Looks ace!

I'd definitely have considered it if I'd stumbled across it at the beginning of the month, and I appreciate it's a quality theme compared to a lot of the others out there, I'm not sure how much I'd spend on on a seasonal theme I could only use for a month. Really great work though :)

I'm really interested to hear about this COD/Gaming theme you have in the works. Any chance of a screenshot? ;)

Looks ace!

I'd definitely have considered it if I'd stumbled across it at the beginning of the month, and I appreciate it's a quality theme compared to a lot of the others out there, I'm not sure how much I'd spend on on a seasonal theme I could only use for a month. Really great work though :)

I'm really interested to hear about this COD/Gaming theme you have in the works. Any chance of a screenshot? ;)
Its going to be worked on towards the end of the month.

Looks ace!

For those that have purchased the Halloween theme, and those that are interested in the post Halloween conversion.. here is a sneek peek of the conversion into a general gaming style theme... should be done by the 31st :)

mission_critical.webp

Thanks Robert :)

I have made a few changes since that screenie, but nothing dramatic, so it will be pretty much like that :)

For those that have purchased the Halloween theme, and those that are interested in the post Halloween conversion.. here is a sneek peek of the conversion into a general gaming style theme... should be done by the 31st :)
Love it now we need a photographer style ;)

*groans* *moans* *arms stretched out with hands slumped down* *groans* *disables zombie mode* Great Style kim, another excellent addition. (y) *zombie mode enabled* *groans* *moans* *slowly walking away from thread* *moans*

Top Bottom