XF 1.1 Xenforo's TinyMCE vs vBulletin's

jauburn

I'm wrestling with the unacceptable behavior of Xenforo's implementation of tinymce when text is pasted from Word. I just went over to vBulletin to test out pasting from Word, and things work fine in vBulletin 4.x (the .x referring to whichever version they're running as of 1/26/2013).

Why does vBulletin's editor succeed in getting text pasted properly from Word and xenforo's not? I'm feeling like a schmuck right now because I'm starting a new site and chose xenforo for it rather than vbulletin, but the editor issue is going to be a deal-breaker for my users (writers) unless I can figure out how to fix this.

Interesting: I just tried pasting text into the xenforo tinymce using Chrome and Firefox, and things works well there. However, in IE (9), not so good. When you paste text and then click Preview, the editor inserts a bunch of extra lines in between paragraphs.

Oddly, using the same IE over at vbulletin results in text being pasted in properly.

I've had a look to the TinyMCE paste plugin. It shouldn't be hard to integrate it. The plain text i and select all functions are super easy. The Paste Word function needs some work.

P.S: next time avoid to repeat the same things in three different threads. That's annoying.

Both scripts do not use the same editors...
I'm curious how many times do you need to copy text from word to your forum ?

Well, the particular forum I've started is for writers, and they typically have stuff in Word that they then want to paste into the forum. So the answer to your question is, "a lot."

I've had a look to the TinyMCE paste plugin. It shouldn't be hard to integrate it. The plain text i and select all functions are super easy. The Paste Word function needs some work.

P.S: next time avoid to repeat the same things in three different threads. That's annoying.

How do I integrate that?

When I told you to wait, there must be a reason don't you think ???
I've already finished to integrate the plugin I still need to make an interface for the paste plugin options.

Actually I didn't know what you were talking about. Sometimes one posts stuff on these forums and some wisecracker comes along and tells you to do this or that as though you're some kind of idiot or you should have searched or something before asking a question. I usually just ignore such blokes. I figured your response fell into that category. If you're writing something that makes it easy to integrate the paste function and other plugins, hurrah! I didn't get that from your original response, though.

Top Bottom